SF Bay area distiller looking to trade equipment for work/storage space

Hello Bay area distillers,

I am looking for licensed distilleries who are looking for equipment that I may have, in trade for use of the equipment, we can arrange storage and production contracts.  I am willing to pay for space but also could do so in trade.  I am open to all possibilities.

I was in the midst of building a distillery when neighbors complained, voted for a CC&R change and stopped my land use leaving me looking for brand building solutions to have skin in the game before going to secure a multi-million dollar loan.  At this point I am not in a position to move forward on the real estate side but have much equipment to utilize.

What I am after:

Space to run a brewery or mash tun to make malt whiskeys and other products - your mashing equipment or one I could provide.  Barrel storage space to put the barrels away for 3 years minimum.  (this could potentially be done at another site).  Operate a bottling line either with our equipment or yours.  Setting up a dedicated production schedule utilizing your staff or staff I could provide and train.  Bring industry professionals to the distillery to explain my brand and enhancing your network if you desire. 

What I could do for you: 

- Brewing knowledge - I have taken several Siebel Institute Classes for brewing.  I've read many textbooks pertaining to commercial brewery operations, yeast, water chemistry, and taken a great deal of time to develop beer recipes to distill into malt whiskey.  

- Distilling knowledge - Siebel Institute's Distilling course, Moonshine university, Holsteins' Distilling Class, Various ADI expo classes and I learned a great deal from a truly nice gentleman and someone I consider a friend, Hubert Germain-Robin, who transformed my ideas by showing me traditional methods, blending insight, grape varietal characteristics, and introducing me to people in Cognac, France where I was immersed in much of what is required to setup a distillery and manage a blending cellar.

Between 2009 and now I have been doing research and slowly building an array of books, networks of professionals, and equipment to make building a brand possible.  Anything I have in my head you are welcome to ask and during the contract I will keep whatever we speak of between us.  If there is a concern for proprietary work taking place I will strongly respect this. 

Importing / Exporting - I had another business where I primarily would import items from China, Korea, Canada, Mexico, and European countries, and resell them.  This has shown me forex and importing benefits, laws and regulations, as well as exposed me to many international people who are helpful and available to future needs and relationships.

What I do I consider to be more structured and straight forward so I am not as concerned about beer recipes and distilling but i do understand many other types of extraction recipes that would benefit confidentiality. 

What equipment I have:

I have several Chalvignac Pruhlo Alambic stills used by some of the most famous distilleries in California and abroad namely in Cognac, France.  The sizes are 660 Gallon (2 fully automated sets from RMS Distillery in Napa - No longer in business), 330 Gallon (full automated new in crates), and 125 Gallon Hoga custom made to fit Charantais designs like the Pruhlo stills.  Also, 2 transfer tanks to mix the first run or brouillis before pumping them back into the still for a second distillation. 

These stills allow gentle distillation making a very smooth eau de vie which can have low aggression and works well for clear spirits as well as control temperatures and makes for refined control of esters for making aged spirits.  For anyone who has seen the spirits that come out they know why people use them.  Germain-Robin and Charbay both use them in Northern California and these are the standard in Cognac/ Charentais region of France.

Links :  http://www.drinkmemag.com/the-abcs-of-cognac-distillation-a-look-inside-the-swans-neck/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/72972456433397193/

http://www.markgibsonphoto.com/static/10095.html

5 vessel cip system, 250 gallon tanks with automated Siemens control panel for cleaning cycles of the distillery and brewhouse.  I ended up postponing the brewery due to the relocation issues.

Jabso pump for cleaning and pumping

2" Yamada Carlson built double diaphragm pump for high proof

2" progressive cavity pump for fruit wines and crushing as well as high proof.  Very universal and powerful pump that is gentle.

Istill 250 for playing around with vodka and gin.

Voran Fruit crusher for fruit eau di vies

small 3 vessel 3 BBL brewhouse from stout tanks for small batch whiskey tests batches and making extractions

All kinds of wine making tools and transfer gizmos. 

Anton Paar handheld alcohol meter

Goodyear distillery/brewery hoses 1.5" and 2"

Husky barrel topping gas pump style handle.

Bottlematic 2 labeler

Xpressfil Bottle machine 4 spout with gas blanketing

Several other odds and ends. 

I will try and check this site regularly but if you would like to get ahold of me much faster you can either call me or email me.  I'm in San Francisco.

Thanks,

Jeff Bord

mendodistilling@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...