Hello from Oregon

Hi all,

Been here for a few years but have just opened our doors. We are a very micro distillery in Eugene Oregon. Thinking Tree Spirits. Just wanted to introduce my self and say thank you for all the information and help I've received from various posts and members over the years.

Cheers!

Kaylon

thinking-tree-01.jpg

Thanks! Like I said, I've been here for years but Im more of a sponge/wall fly then poster. Learned so much and this place is always the first place I look when trying to figure something out. It was a long road (from finding  minded partners, building a biz plan, finding investors, securing location, build-out, dealing with permits, feds, state, etc. etc.) but I've been loving every minute (even the long ones. Ha!) of the distillery life. 

Labels and branding credit goes to Hired Guns Creative - those guys have a depth of talent, communicate well, and really worked hard for us when trying to nail down the look and feel we were shooting for. Check out there website for the "sexy photo shoot" they did and do for their clients - I would strongly recommend them to anybody looking for this service.

Welcome! I was recently reading a book about the history of distilling in Oregon and was amused to learn that Eugene was originally named Skinner's Mud Hole, and there was a commercial distillery there as far back as 1856!

Your labels look very nice, I look forward to visiting the next time I'm in Eugene. A place I work also used Hired Guns Creative for their branding, and were equally pleased with the results pictured here

15 hours ago, JustAndy said:

Welcome! I was recently reading a book about the history of distilling in Oregon and was amused to learn that Eugene was originally named Skinner's Mud Hole, and there was a commercial distillery there as far back as 1856!

Your labels look very nice, I look forward to visiting the next time I'm in Eugene. A place I work also used Hired Guns Creative for their branding, and were equally pleased with the results pictured here

Thanks! And yes, please do make sure to stop in next time you are down!

What is the name of that book you were reading by the way?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @kelbor & @JustAndy - we're grateful for the shout-outs!

Thanks to the distilleries you guys reporsent, we've got twice as many distillery clients in Oregon than any other state.

Would love to go for a hat-trick, if anyone's up for it ;-)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2017 at 6:03 PM, Huffy2k said:

Welcome! Love the packaging!

Is that Liberty Pole Spirits?! My 3-greats grandfather was arrested in Berlin Pennsylvania by Washington's (or maybe Hamilton's) army during the whiskey rebellion, and his crime was erecting a liberty pole, from which flew the motto "Liberty, but no excise". In my "amateur" days, I used that name of my gift bottles.

no kidding? Awesome story! He would have been charged with sedition, that was the penalty for erecting liberty poles back in the day. Thanks for sharing your story.

Hamilton actually rode with the army and personally knocked on David Bradford's door (he was the de facto leader of the rebellion) to arrest him but Bradford was already gone. Bradfords restored home is about 500 yards from our distillery in Washington PA.

Wow, that's awesome!!!  My wife is the amateur historian and she's very familiar with Herman Husband, in fact, we have a drink named in his honor on our cocktail menu today (pic attached).  She's so excited to have made contact with someone who can trace their roots back to the rebellion. She's going to go home and consult her research books to see if she can uncover any information on Mr. Philson - I'm sure we'll have a drink named in his honor in the very near future.

We're actually going to kick off the Whiskey Rebellion festival in Washington this year by raising a symbolic liberty pole outside of our distillery - all who attend will be honorary members of the new Mingo Creek Society.  If you ever get back this way you HAVE to stop in!!

Cocktails.jpg