Where to find something like this

rickthenewb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes sir, glad to help. My wife has some pictures of one of the models. These are superior to anything on the market. Her name is craft distillery resources lady. These are traditional beer stills used to make bourbon etc. I have designed stills for several large still manufacturers and I find that the craft distillery market is ripe for continuous stills and those switching are finding that they are not what they have been told in the past. Continuous stills of this type are not for neutral spirit. And they find they produce an extremely superior product than that produced in a pot or pot hybrid still. And I find a disturbing trend. Everybody I talk to running a pot are either spinning there wheels business wise or they are teetering on the edge of financial ruin. They switch and find things turn around if they can afford to turn it around. 

I have taken to the drawing board again on continuous still design. I found some people are not to happy or may be down right afraid of say a 30 foot tall hulking still. I have a unique patent pending design that allow me to shorten the tray spacing. Also, to drop head height, I separated the beer section of the column from the wine section. The wine section sits on the doubler thumper hybrid. There is a deplegmator on the beer and wine section, making these stills very tunable and allows for many weights of spirits. This to me make them easier to operate.    The thumper doubler hybrid is something new in the industry. Having a heating coil inside allows it to function as a continuous doubler, IF you add another condenser to condense the so called low wines coming off the beer still instead of sending vapor .   To use as a thumper, it is equipped with a sparge arm so that you can use it as a thumper by not adding a second condenser and allowing the vapor to heat the thumper and thump distill the low wines. 

You can install two condensers to begin with and have it valved to allow for more flexiblity. And if interested, we can enlarge the thumper hybrid as large as a couple hundred gallons and add an agitator and you could use it as a separate pot still. The possibilities are endless. These stills unlike some, distill solids and can make all whiskey types, rum, Brandy, you name it. And in trials I have had the still prototypes run clean vodka at 190 to 193 proof, but until I do more trials I don't say for sure it's possible.

Lets lay to rest the debate on the myth that you can't make a heads and tails cut on a continuos column. Bull, started probably by whomever said double pot distillation is the traditional American way.   Yes, heads and tails cuts are made on continuous column stills. As long as ran so that the base of the still is the right temp, say 208 or so, the tails cut is made for you and stays in the stillage. It is called your base loss and depending on your tastes, can be a bigger or smaller tails cut depending on still bottom temps. The heads cut is made for you by means of a vent on the condeser and is best piped outside, Heads don't want to condense so we encourage them to float away. The still proof is maintained and adjusted by your preference, either by one or two ways. By adjusting beer feed in, more beer higher proof and less beer lower proof. Some just adjust the steam rate, more steam lower proof, less steam higher proof. I like to use both ways and the deplegmators. Most find them easier to run than pots. These stills come with screw type pumps to feed and drain the still. And we can provide cookers, fermenters, beer wells, pumps, yeast propagation equipment, stillage separators of the old type with send backset or thin set on way and heavier solids another way so that you may sour mash with the solid free thin set, and get all the goodness that creates while lessening the amount of material to have to get rid of.  A lot of people have bought the expensive sepeators only to find farmers won't take just the solids. The feed part of stillage for livestock is protein. Approximately 18 percent. The only thing higher for cows is Kudzu. The protein is in the liguid. And the solids are crude fiber mainly and will plug a cow up in a minute. 

We can provide anything you need for your distillery and consultations too. And usually at a way better price than the competitors. Give us a try. I do what I say I can do. Period. We also have US made in Kentucky equipment as well as foreign made. The choice is yours. And I have a list of pleased customers who will tell you that I did them a good job.   Also, in a few weeks I will be announcing the first in a series of digital books at first that are the first real textbook style books on distilling in close to 75 years. I tried putting it all into one book. But you could not fit it. First in the series is titled, Traditional Bourbon whiskey techniques for the small distiller. And goes into great detail and I tell it plain, I call out myths and lies that are one day going to catch up with the industry. As a long time consultant, I have seen just about everything. Do you know that I would say 90 percent of micro distillers can't tell you what the bushel gallonage is? Nor the bushel yield of their distillery is, and most don't know what a bushel is. I am old school. Why? Because in this industry old school works. I do blend old and new ideas, but like a good friend who has a large distillery says, whom I listen to. Tom, if they did not have it 200 years ago then why do we need it now? A great deal of truth there. But up till now, there have been next to no resources out there where one could read up on what they did 200 years ago. They are not cheap, looking to be 75 to 100 dollars retail digital and hard copy both. later. But you can buy better info. And I intend to cover every topic book by book. Please watch for the announcement, and get in touch and give me a shot on your equipment. Thanks

• Thumbs up 1