Purchase Still/fermentation Gaskets

nabtastic

I'm looking for silicone 16.5" gasket 3/8" thick for fermentation manway and still joints (contacted Artisan several times with no luck).  google'd and found every kind of gasket except what I'm looking for.  

Mahalo

NAB

I found a local gasket supplier that sells stock gasket material, he sold me a 24x48 sheet of FDA platinum cured silicone sheet.  I was able to just drop the flange on, trace it out, and cut it with an Xacto knife.  If you are interested in cutting your own gasket, I'll track down his contact info.  It was not particularly cheap though.

6 hours ago, arcoffeen said:

My company, Hagerty Supply, can probably source these for you just need some more info like width, shape, is 16.5 od or id, holes punched in specific locaitons etc...??? Let me know if interested. thanks. 

Thanks.  It's a circle - the gasket is 3/8" thick trapezoid (I think that's the right shape..tapered on one side?) and the centerline appears to be 16.5".  I'm guessing it's a standard size because we have 4 different tank manufactures+ a still manufacturer have this as a default manway size. 

3 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

I found a local gasket supplier that sells stock gasket material, he sold me a 24x48 sheet of FDA platinum cured silicone sheet.  I was able to just drop the flange on, trace it out, and cut it with an Xacto knife.  If you are interested in cutting your own gasket, I'll track down his contact info.  It was not particularly cheap though.

I'm gonna need a bunch - like 15 - so I'm really hoping I don't have to cut this by hand.  I may PM you if I don't make any progress soon though. 

Cheers,

NAB

On 1/27/2017 at 2:45 PM, nabtastic said:

I'm looking for silicone 16.5" gasket 3/8" thick for fermentation manway and still joints (contacted Artisan several times with no luck).  google'd and found every kind of gasket except what I'm looking for.  

Mahalo

NAB

Hey Nabtastic,

Shoot me an email at chad@artisanstilldesign and I'll see if I can get you sorted out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 8:38 PM, nabtastic said:

Thanks.  It's a circle - the gasket is 3/8" thick trapezoid (I think that's the right shape..tapered on one side?) and the centerline appears to be 16.5".  I'm guessing it's a standard size because we have 4 different tank manufactures+ a still manufacturer have this as a default manway size. 

I'm gonna need a bunch - like 15 - so I'm really hoping I don't have to cut this by hand.  I may PM you if I don't make any progress soon though. 

Cheers,

NAB

Di you get everything you needed?

We can supply any gasket that you need at better prices than our competitors.  If you need gaskets email us paul@distillery-equipment.com  Also we have one of the biggest sanitary parts and valve selections in the USA at better prices than our competitors.  Check out our web sites http://distillery-equipment.com  http://moonshine-stills.com

http://triclamp.co  

I got 15 gaskets that are just a tad too small.. 1/4" vs 5/16" on the still.  I can make it stick in the manway but the hinge just barely prevents it from sealing all the way around.  found a 7/16" that may work since it's round instead of the original trapezoid shape.