Bonjour from Portneuf

Hello everyone,

I'm from Portneuf, a rural region on the North shore of the St-Lawrence River, somewhere between Montreal and Quebec City.  My three partners and I have been researching about distilling for about a year and we're currently working on our business plan in the hopes of starting a distillery by the end of 2017.  We've been lurking around here for a little while and already learned a great deal from all of you.  As you have probably noticed, English in not my first language and while I can generally make myself understood, my sentences tend to drag on forever. Sorry about that.

Louis

Welcome! I was in the area last summer. Quebec City was great. If you open a distillery up there that gives me even more reason to go back. 

I hope you are looking into apple and other fruit brandies. Ciders from the l'Île d'Orléans would make a great base for some brandies. 

Ask any question - someone here will probably be able to help or at least point you in the correct direct. Good luck! 

I'm glad you enjoyed Quebec City!  Even though I don't live in the city anymore, that's where I grew up and I love it.

We'd love to work on brandies (I'm very fond of Calvados), but it is a declining category right now in the province.  We will have to sell all of our product through the state owned Société des Alcools and they are cutting brandies from the shelves right now.  So it seems risky to have a brandy as our launch product.