What food do you serve in your distillery tasting room?

Hi there,

I'm looking to avoid the 1.5 oz per person per day limit here in CA by having a restaurant ("bonafide eating place") in my tasting room. From my understanding, the minimum has to be a kitchen with a sink, fridge, and something to heat food up. It also can't just be pretzels or something easy, it has to have some variety and be considered a meal. I want to keep the menu as simple as possible and buy as little equipment as possible.

Those of you already doing this, what easy-to-make foods are you serving out of your tasting room? Any menu advice or personal experiences you can share are appreciated! 

We offer a cheese, dried meat, jams & bread slate $15, mini 3/4 oz. beef wellingtons trio $10, mini crab cakes trio $9, baked Brie w/ bourbon maple syrup and toasted pecans $9. Smoked nuts $4 these all are sized for a single serving except the cheese slate and have a 10 /12 min cook / assemble time from frozen in a countertop convection over (don't use a microwave) where applicable. Other lite bites in the works for summer. Pinterest is your friend. There is a ton out there.

On 3/5/2017 at 4:20 AM, Sudzie said:

We offer a cheese, dried meat, jams & bread slate $15, mini 3/4 oz. beef wellingtons trio $10, mini crab cakes trio $9, baked Brie w/ bourbon maple syrup and toasted pecans $9. Smoked nuts $4 these all are sized for a single serving except the cheese slate and have a 10 /12 min cook / assemble time from frozen in a countertop convection over (don't use a microwave) where applicable. Other lite bites in the works for summer. Pinterest is your friend. There is a ton out there.

Thanks for the ideas. What tags were you searching on Pinterest?

I've been considering somerhing similar however, that puts you in the sights of the health department at the city and county level and that may have considerable facility and zoning requirements/expense.   

I am looking at partners who are interested in a nano brewery to share tasting room space.  While there will be a limit on hard alcohol, breweries have much more leeway for creating a social space...