Boiler PSI

whiskeytango

The first question is, "Why??". You're going to be WAY over capacity which will cause no end of short-cycling problems -- this wont harm the boiler, it's just inefficient as hell. Also, it's unlikely (and way about my maths skills) that your jacket is designed to "pass through" 1M BTU/hr of heat so there's that.  Do you a mash cooker or hot liquor tank you're heating?  Generally speaking,  1KBTU/hr will get you about a 1-hour heat up time.  Talk do your boiler people and ask them.  We have a 600 liter still and our boiler is about 270K BTU on the output side. Heat up in about 50 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, indyspirits said:

The first question is, "Why??". You're going to be WAY over capacity which will cause no end of short-cycling problems -- this wont harm the boiler, it's just inefficient as hell. Also, it's unlikely (and way about my maths skills) that your jacket is designed to "pass through" 1M BTU/hr of heat so there's that.  Do you a mash cooker or hot liquor tank you're heating?  Generally speaking,  1KBTU/hr will get you about a 1-hour heat up time.  Talk do your boiler people and ask them.  We have a 600 liter still and our boiler is about 270K BTU on the output side. Heat up in about 50 minutes. 

The why would be because the manufacture specked out 600 btu to run each piece of equipment. So if we run both we are at 1200 btu no?  

But back to my question.  What is your normal operations pressure on your system?