IBC tote thread type

whiskeytango

OK This maybe a dumb question so if it is give me a dumb answer.   But  I'm asking anyway.

I have a couple GNS totes the ICB kind that i want to use as fermenters.  The problem is i cant figure out what thread type the outlet is.  I thought it was just a standard thread but i got a stainless 2" tri clamp to Female NPT thinking it would thread on but it won't go on.   Is the thread on the tote specific?  Im pretty sure I'm twisting it the right direction lol!!  

Any advice? 

35 minutes ago, ThatDrunkenBird said:

Try a camlock to sanitary fitting adapter. I have gotten totes from a few different sources and they are always different threads. 

I took the  2" tri clamp to Female NPT that i have that i cant get to thread onto the tote to the hardware store and was able to thread all the standard NPT stuff into it. As well as all the cam lock fittings so I'm thinking that a camlock won't go on either since it threads onto the fitting that won't go on the tote. 

2 minutes ago, ThatDrunkenBird said:

Its a threaded male out of the tote.  So i need a female (mystery thread) to 2" sanitary.   

I am in Australia but i think I might have a similar IBC.  The thread looks like 2 inch BSP but not. I eventually noticed mine had a camlock groove just behind the thread. Try a 2 inch female camlock instead of the thread

We've gotten totes with a non NPT thread, this is the banjo part number that fits them TA283QD. Then from that you can get a cam lock to TC fitting if need be. http://www.banjocorp.com/products/ibc-tank-accessories/accessories/buttress/ta283qd

The NPT equivalent is part 200a https://www.amazon.com/Banjo-200A-Polypropylene-Fitting-Adapter/dp/B001GLUNFE