Anyone have any experience with Everbrite Copper coating?

Classick

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used this product before: http://pro.everbritecoatings.com/portfolio/shelter-point-distillery/ (aside from shelter point obviously)
As Im sure you can all relate to, polishing the still and keeping it nice and new penny shiny is a pain in the butt. I was just looking into any high heat coatings that might work for helping to keep the copper looking nice and came across this stuff.

I spoke with tech services, and they said they did even make an ethanol resistant version of it, to protect against drips and what not.

We currently use a citric acid wash to clean (or left over wine), and then we polish with a metal polish, but after a week of operations the luster wears off and its back to old penny look.

Thoughts?

I'd like to know more about this. Personally I love the slight patina our copper has after a month of use, I'd be really interested in knowing if the coating will keep it at that stage.

When I called them to inquire about the product I specifically asked about the temperature range. I suggested that our still gets between 200 and 230 degrees and she said that wasn't a problem at all. If you click that first link apparently shelter Point Distillery used this application and they have this as a case study on their website period I actually put in a call to shelter Point Distillery to see if they were happy with the product I'm hoping somebody gets back to me.