ADI Forum Moderation Policies are Hurting Members

After rereading my original post I shortened it to the below, because I believe that I came on to strongly.   I apologize if I offended anyone.  The Scots Irish in me just sort of burst forth.

Jo-el-eo is correct.  This is a really bad situation.  More people who may get ripped off, are placing orders with this company every week and there is no way to get the word out.  

For all of you who are looking for equipment.  The company that we are referencing, that we cannot name on here, is a company that builds stills in the USA in one of the western states.  If you fly out to their facility everything looks great, but they don't really have any references,  IF A VENDOR CANNOT GIVE YOU AT LEAST 10 REFERENCES DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.  This company runs big full page ads in the Distiller Magazine.  Their equipment looks really good in their pictures on their web site, but up close not so much.    

• Thumbs up 1

I should add that it is possible to have a policy that allows direct and honest comments and reviews but doesn't allow disrespectful, hateful or slanderous speech. It just requires the moderators to exercise some judgement, and the members to help ensure positive honest and respectful tone.

• Thumbs up 1

4 hours ago, jo-el-eo said:

I should add that it is possible to have a policy that allows direct and honest comments and reviews but doesn't allow disrespectful, hateful or slanderous speech. It just requires the moderators to exercise some judgement, and the members to help ensure positive honest and respectful tone.

Yes nothing beats constructive criticism that references exactly the problems, the efforts at resolution. In a respectful manner. that recognizes that sometimes service involves fixing mistakes or errors.

A constructive critique should be allowed.  Its hard though when no one (or few at least)  use their real name, makes it very easy to bash whoever you want with little to know recourse.  I say if your going to pen an letter digging on someone in order for it to be posted and stay posted you should be required to post your real name, and contact info with it.   

Curious what state is the manufacture from?  

Here's the thing.  My company has a lot of stills and other equipment out there and we are only a 5 year old company.  We have had some issues, just like all fast growing manufacturing and wholesale businesses have, but we have always taken care of our customers.  Meaning, if there is a problem with one of our stills, we will take care of it as soon as  possible.  If I have to send someone 1500 miles to do it, then I will and we have done that.  We have a very large list of references and distilleries, that our potential customers can visit to see our equipment in operation.  We have good solid equipment at great prices and we are always striving to improve our equipment and service and everything about our business.  I'm very proud of our equipment and the business that my employees and I have built and the fact is, I could never have done it without my employees or my customers.

When I hear from respectable people about  being given timelines of a few weeks and them not getting their stills for almost a year, and they still have not gotten their still and people getting their stills with horribly ugly welds and leaks and then that is fixed after several weeks and the still will still not function properly and the company says that they will send someone out to fix it ASAP, but it has been months and no one has shown up to fix it and they cannot get anyone on the phone and their emails are never replied to and I could go on.  That sounds like a nightmare to me and it pisses me off.  

I have no problem with ADI forum and I will respect their policy and will not mention any names on the forum.  I understand that negative posts concerning business can open them up for liability.

Paul Hall

417-778-6100

paul@distillery-equipment.com

CEO

Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know we have recently changed our terms of service for the forum which states that truthful reviews of vendors will be allowed on the forum going forward. However, posts that are vulgar, threatening harm, libel, etc. will be removed. 

• Thumbs up 4