330 gallon Still

I have a 300 gallon copper and SS Still for sale.  Never used as I wasn't able to get distillery off the ground :(
2 plates, all with CIP and bypass
Dephlegmator, electronic water controls flow
oil jacketed.
It's just over 12' height, 12" column.

asking $35,000 for quick sale.IMG_1720.JPG.b53e34fb29425a45778ef3428933069f.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

8 hours ago, Georgeous said:

is this electric fired or steam?

Hi, We have a 4 plate 330 gallon new Still for sale.  This is new and we have another we are using for our needs.

Column is Copper with 4 bubble cap plates.

All 4 plates have bypass valves plus built in CIP

This is oil jacket, electric heat SS jacket.

Has magnetic temp control computer, i.e. you set the desired temperatures and it'll automatically adjust water flow to maintain perfect  and consistent temp for consistent proof of spirits.

$41K is below what we paid, Freight shipping included in U.S.

Dimensions: 12'7" height, 5'26" width, 11'8" length.

Just to verify, does that include the actual heating elements and power drive box (more than just the controlling computer)? If so, what are the size and number of elements, total power required. If not, what is required?

7 hours ago, HamBone said:

yes includes the 6 elements.  Oil jacketed electric still.  Also, yes has the controller box.  It's a 3-phase, 220V

wattage of the elements? and/or current they draw?

On 6/11/2017 at 7:01 PM, philstill said:

Hi, We have a 4 plate 330 gallon new Still for sale.  This is new and we have another we are using for our needs.

Column is Copper with 4 bubble cap plates.

All 4 plates have bypass valves plus built in CIP

This is oil jacket, electric heat SS jacket.

Has magnetic temp control computer, i.e. you set the desired temperatures and it'll automatically adjust water flow to maintain perfect  and consistent temp for consistent proof of spirits.

$41K is below what we paid, Freight shipping included in U.S.

Dimensions: 12'7" height, 5'26" width, 11'8" length.

Is that actually the same still? From Hambone, but that says 4 plate and 330 gallon. I suspect it is, judging from the pics posted, but Hambone should confirm.

You will need a lot more than a dryer outlet for that.  American household dryer outlets are 220v to 240v single phase.  Dryer outlets are nromally 30 or 50 amp outlets.  48,000 watts will draw 127 amps at 220vac 3 phase.  You will need to hard wire to a fused disconnect or breaker with a capacity of 160 amps.  A 175 amp fused disconnect or breaker will also work, however, the control panel for the still must have a breaker for each element to be safe.  48kw will do the job, but you will have a very slow heat up time.  I size the electrical systems for my 300 gallon bain marie stills to 66kw for a less than 2hr heat up to operating temp. time.   However as I say 48kw will do the job just fine.  It looks like a very nice still and the price is a good price.

We have a 40KW bainmarie, and based on that experience, can confirm what SH has said. We draw about 98 amps on 240Vac 3-phase. The 48KW will run the 12" column okay, but getting the 300 gallons up to temperature will be slow, at least a couple hours, more if the oil starts cold. Also agree these will have to be hardwired.

• 2 weeks later...