Stillhouse Vs. Whiskey Systems

CBDCo

We received our DSP a month ago and just about to start the COLA process.  We are currently using WS to help with our business plan, sales projection etc.  I was recently contacted by Stillhouse and started looking at the information.  I have some issues with WS and was thinking about switching before I start production in the next 10 months.  Does anyone have any issues (good or bad) with either of these systems?  I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

** Update**

Upon reading this again, I felt that I needed to give a little more background.  We have been with WS for over a year and have had great support from the owner and staff.  No program will ever be 100% perfect and I realize that.  I have seen some other programs and it got me thinking.  I have no plans to switch as of now, I'm just doing my research and make sure we find the right fit for us.  

Thanks

Travis

Hey Travis,

still waiting on my DSP for brookshire, TX , and just did demos of both these software products or cloud based I should say. they are both the same only stillhouse has a lot of pretty pictures, WS is all tables but seems the same input information to me. But WS first year is 1/2 price which for me starting off is  a good selling point. Whichever one you start with you will be married to as would be a bitch to switch after the fact.

Best of luck with your Distillery, looking forward to driving out to check you guys out

On 6/13/2017 at 1:36 PM, Georgeous said:

Hey Travis,

still waiting on my DSP for brookshire, TX , and just did demos of both these software products or cloud based I should say. they are both the same only stillhouse has a lot of pretty pictures, WS is all tables but seems the same input information to me. But WS first year is 1/2 price which for me starting off is  a good selling point. Whichever one you start with you will be married to as would be a bitch to switch after the fact.

Best of luck with your Distillery, looking forward to driving out to check you guys out

we're practically neighbors.  Donald has been great, he helped us a lot with our application. We had issues with our DSP because of the turnover and lack of training at the TTB.  I wasn't expecting the flood of sales calls when you get your DSP.  Be prepared.  I have visited a lot of distilleries last year and most of them use WS and have had nothing bad to say with Donald.  Nor do I.  It's like a bride getting cold feet before the wedding. ha.

• Thumbs up 1

On 6/14/2017 at 7:56 AM, Rum said:

We use Whiskey Systems and couldn't be happier with the product and the service.

We just got access to the production module and I have now been able to look at it and play around with it.  It was very instrumental with us getting our DSP.  Donald gave me a lot of guidance and helped us a ton. 

• Thumbs up 1

2 hours ago, Georgeous said:

we are pretty much decided on whiskey systems. How did it help you on getting your DSP?

It has a section that has a template of the application.  Donald also has a wealth of knowledge of the process and "held my hand" the whole way.  We had issues with our DSP but it was with the TTB, not with WS, I don't think we would have gotten ours if it wasn't for WS and Donald's help.

3 hours ago, Georgeous said:

so you bought whiskey systems before you even got your dsp?

Yes.  They also have a great tool to use for sales projections, determining mash bills, etc. 

• 4 months later...

been working with Donald for years now, I was playing with whiskey systems in its alpha stages. I believe it carries some of its DNA over from Donalds time with Buffalo Trace (before the pappy was stolen) so there is a lot of tested professional development in its core.

so I am a bit biased towards WS.

in my experince , to the average user the two systems are about the same, I believe WS has some deeper levels you could delve into that offer more.

where WS really shines, is access to people knowledgeable in the industry, turn around time for new features to be added when something new is requested and of course price.

• 2 weeks later...