This is award winning, high-character corn whiskey produced in Missouri.  It is ready to barrel age as bourbon, or to use as a blending component for adding character and flavor to lesser whiskeys.

Pot-distilled in small batches from locally grown non-GMO white corn.  Grain bill of 93% corn and 7% rye, fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel.  Distilled in two passes to 150 proof.  Available in 54-gallon drums or 270 gallon totes.  

The price is $16.50 per wine gallon.  ($1.76 per 750mL bottle at 80 proof) FOB our dock. Samples available.  

We can help you "Quick age" this spirit to get your sales started YEARS ahead of the standard aging process. Ask me how.

If you have a special corn variety or a custom grain bill, we also do custom distilling.  Contact tom at pinckneybend dot com with questions.

• Thumbs up 2

On 7/7/2017 at 9:08 AM, Pinckney Bend said:

We can help you "Quick age" this spirit to get your sales started YEARS ahead of the standard aging process. Ask me how.

Pinckney Bend, how can you help quick age this spirit to get sales started years ahead of the standard aging process?

5 hours ago, HedgeBird said:

Pinckney Bend, how can you help quick age this spirit to get sales started years ahead of the standard aging process?

Magic pixie dust. Just like all the others.

This spirit is designed to age for one year in a 15 gallon barrel, or 2-3 years in a 53.  I know all the "research" on small barrels and why they don't work. It's all about having all the flavors peak at the right time. Since this is pot distilled we have the ability to customize the product to have just the right amount of each flavor compound available to oxidize into those flavors you want. The system works - I have the Double Gold medal from San Fransisco to prove it - no pixie dust required.

2 hours ago, Pinckney Bend said:

This spirit is designed to age for one year in a 15 gallon barrel, or 2-3 years in a 53.  I know all the "research" on small barrels and why they don't work. It's all about having all the flavors peak at the right time. Since this is pot distilled we have the ability to customize the product to have just the right amount of each flavor compound available to oxidize into those flavors you want. The system works - I have the Double Gold medal from San Fransisco to prove it - no pixie dust required.

Our standard corn mash for bourbon is similar, very high corn, suitable for either young bourbon in small cask or a 2-4 yo straight in a 53. But the styles will be completely different, you can not reproduce the straight in small cask. Also, we use our same mash for our corn whiskey, and with more than 80% corn, you can consider using his product as a corn whiskey, which does not have to be aged, or can be aged in your used barrels. You could also redistill it for vodka, if you have a still that can get you over 190.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, Pinckney Bend said:

Bluestar is correct - the small barrel aging process does not work for "Straight" products. 2 years is just too long in a small barrel.  This is what you drink (or sell) while your 53 gallon barrels are aging. 

We found bourbon is definitely over-oaked after 6 months in 5 gallon. As barrel size goes up, this number increases, also dependent on environmental conditions. By the time you get to 30 gallon, you are in a strange place. Woodinville, I think I recall, made a nice 3 year old bourbon aged in 30 gallon barrels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 8:57 AM, bluestar said:

We found bourbon is definitely over-oaked after 6 months in 5 gallon. As barrel size goes up, this number increases, also dependent on environmental conditions. By the time you get to 30 gallon, you are in a strange place. Woodinville, I think I recall, made a nice 3 year old bourbon aged in 30 gallon barrels.

Slightly off topic but we found that single malt in a third fill barrel is over-oaked after 24 months.  Edit: at 6 gallons

• 3 weeks later...