ITF-14 Barcode

Nordeast Spirits

Hi there,

Looking for a little help here. I'm using GS1 to create barcodes for my products. I have created upc for the bottles but can't for the life of me figure out how to create a ITF-14 barcode for the case. I'm sure there is something simple that I'm missing but it's driving me crazy. 

Any help from someone also using GS1 would be appreciated. 

Cheers!

You will need to contact GS1 and purchase ITF-14 bar codes for each of your UPCs.  If you have different case configurations (6 pack and 12 pack) for each product then you will need 2  ITF-17 bar codes (case codes), one for each configuration.  If you are selling in control states then you will have to register each UPC with its corresponding case code number with NABCA.  Clear as mud, right?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The GTIN-14 is a bulk inventory barcode to ID bulk shipments, usually only seen by the back-end of the store in receiving. 

They can be generated for free by anyone with barcode software (also GS1) can make them for you. Barring you already have your UPC / EAN barcodes that are required, this is because the GTIN-14 is derived from the UPC or EAN. 

You can create multiple packing levels if you have different assortments that you are shipping out, that is what the first digit in the number sequence is reserved for. 

We also custom make them for clients as needed. Contact us if you have any questions.