Pennsylvania Guild Forming Now

Thanks to Robert Cassell at Millstone Spirits Group and Max Pfeffer at Manatawny Stillworks there is now a guild forming in Pennsylvania. Thank you, gentlemen. Check it out from Max:

PA Distillers,

In an effort to get this rolling we are going to arrange a first meeting. To make it as easy for everyone we will make the first meeting in Harrisburg. Rob Cassel of Millstone Spirits is working on arranging for a representative from the PLCB and TTB to discuss tasting room compliance.

I chatted with Rob a little about what we think the guild should be. At the core we think the roll of the PA Distillers guild should be to organize and educate. We each have our own ideas but we want this to be a group effort. So I ask as many as your to come and participate.

Some things I’m sure we will discuss at the first meeting include:

· PLCB selection process (Obviously this is a priority for most of us)

· PA Guild store (think a store that carries all PA craft spirits at the airport)

· PAC/Lobbying the State

· Diverting state funding

· Cross marketing

We do want to stress that building up the guild’s strength will take time, just like everything else in this industry.

Dues for this year will be $50 for DSPs and $100 for everyone else. Bring a check to the meeting. Please pass this on to any PA distillers not on this list or anyone else that may be interested in joining. We are aiming for mid-summer for the date of the meeting. More details to come.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If I do not have it yet, please send me the following information for our official list. I will send a copy out to everyone by the meeting:

PERMIT NUMBER

NAME (LLC)

OPERATING NAME

Contact

PHONE

EMAIL

STREET

CITY

STATE

ZIP

COUNTY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PA Distillers this e-mail was sent out today by Rob Cassell. Please try your best to make it to our first meeting. If you did not receive this e-mail please let me know and I will add you to the list. maxp@manatawnystillworks com

Thanks

Max

Dear Fellow PA Distillers,

Yesterday I received confirmation on the final details for our PA Distillers Guild Meeting.

When & Where:

Tuesday June 30th, 11am, Troegs Brewery 200 E Hershey Park Dr, Hershey, PA 17033

Schedule:

PLCB Regulatory Affairs, Presentation on On Site Sales Regulations for Limited Distilleries

-30 minutes presentation

-30 minutes of Q & A

**Please submit specific questions regarding this topic to me in advance and we will be sure to get them answered

PLCB Regulatory Affairs, brief presentation of the 10 store program

-as is pertains to Regulatory Affairs

PLCB Category Management, 10 Store PA Program.

-Category Management is preparing a presentation of materials previously not provided

-Because of the listing cycle its unclear if a representative can attend, but at minimum a presentation of details of this program containing clarity not previously available will be handed out to all attendees

Dues:

Under a separate email we will send details of the amount to pay for dues.

Legislation:

-A brief discussion about legislation pending.

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...

We are happy for PA, and if we can help... please get in touch. Good luck and keep us up on what comes about.

C

Also - posted this in another section but worth noting here - the event we are planning in Allentown will be partially benefitting the PA Guild. See below:

For board members on the East Coast or willing to travel to the East Coast, we are helping to organize a wonderful craft spirit tasting event in Allentown, PA on Sept. 13th.

The PA Craft Spirits Affair is the Kickoff Event to the First Annual Allentown Cocktail Week. It will be a great opportunity for both those that run DSPs and those considering opening a craft distillery to try craft spirits from more than 12 craft distilleries from Pennsylvania making whiskeys, rums, vodka, gins, and all kinds of specialty spirits. Representatives from the distilleries will be on hand to discuss their products and distilleries.

More information at :

http://citycenterleh...y.com/cocktail/

Info on the PA Craft Affair Event on Sept. 13:

http://citycenterleh...spirits-affair/

Looking forward to seeing you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

A little late to the party, but we're finally making some headway out here in NW PA and interesed in keeping up with the Guild. Hopefully the first meeting went well, we're a little out of the loop being this far away from Central PA. (Went to school at PSU main and worked out that way for quite a few years as well.)

Hoping to start getting some official paperwork back in upcoming weeks, but we're still in the early stages for the most part. After 2 years of trying to find a local municipality to play ball, we finally found a place and got our local approvals through last month.

I'll keep my eye out for more PA threads as they pop up.

Glad to see everyone joining forces!

• 2 months later...

All,

Being that I currently work with 9 distilleries in PA I would love to have the opportunity to assist the up-and-coming guild in any way that I can. PA has been very good to me and I would love to give back in some way if possible. If there is anything that I can do or assistance I can offer, I would be honored to do so. Please feel free to contact me either here via the messenger system or give me a call or shoot me an email. I love to get involved with state associations and would love to take part in yours as well!