Ingredients

molassesman

Hey Jedd

We use domino sugar, specifically "homemaid molasses". It is grade A molasses that comes to us via Baltimore. They tell us that it is LA or FL molasses( we wanted domestic). It is expensive compared to blackstrap but provides a very clean product with lots of flavor. It is also very high in sugars. Our last batch was listed around 80 brix. Yeast goes nuts with this stuff. Anyway,shoot me an email if I can be of any more help. mperry@turkeyshoredistilleries.com

I would say the one that most distillers are buying is the sweeter types ( Fancy grade) ... as Oldispwichrum has stated. I have several suppliers with these types of Molasses I would be happy to make some calls for you on the different types. We can also get you some samples so that you can find the right fit for you? Let me know what works for you?

I understand the sulfur in molasses can cause problems for copper stills. Be careful with blackstrap molasses, especially refiners molasses where sulfur compounds are used to extend the amount of sucrose extracted from the raw sugar. We sell all grades from mill molasses to refiners molasses, black strap to pure cane juice molasses, organic to conventional. Also malt extract and blue agave nectar. Specifications, samples and discussion is free.