Any recommendations on a labeler for a start-up?

Guest Bobcat Hill

In Line Labelling Equipment in South Carolina

Greg Brandon+1 (800) 465-4630

Made in USA

We actually built one loosely based this video:

Here's a pic (of ours).

e30RYEB.jpg

Total cost was like $16. The label roll goes under a dowel (that you can't see), over the plastic thing which creases so the label comes off, and then under the rollers (that we got at harbor freight for like $6 each). Requires a bit of practice to get the labels spaced right, but works fine.

I've also heard the commercial ones made by Race Label are pretty good, but I didn't want to spend the money.

Guest Bobcat Hill

@ Brothers Vilgalys, thank you for sharing your admirable workmanship, but I'll likely give Race Label and the In Line folks a call. I am sharing your photo for future reference.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately the Label One folks have been gobbled up by Adams Label and no longer make, or support, the labeler machines. So I guess those of us who purchase one (we bought the Vert) are not in a happy place. I was hoping to upgrade our Vert with a moving line.

Yes, the Race machines are nice, but we have outgrown the manual labelers.

• 4 weeks later...

We've been using the Primera AP362 on the recommendation of another distiller. Works great, well worth the price.

http://www.primeralabel.com/ap362_features.html

We have one AP362 and two manual Race labelers. For easier, bigger bottles, AP362 is hard to beat. But some stuff like smaller bottles with larger labels won't work well on it, so we do those by hand on the Race Jr's.

The Race Jr. gets my vote. Contact:

Marc Moore
Race Labeling Concepts
www.racelabel.com
(800) 653-9357

Marc is awesome to work with and several of my clients use this machine.

If you are in need of a label printer, please contact me.

irene@allamericanlabel.net We print for the wine, distilled spirits and beer industry. I'd be happy to send you samples to see the beautiful work we produce. We also exhibit at the ADI events and I'll be in Kentucky for the next one. Not sure of the booth number yet...but hope to see you there!

• 4 weeks later...

Race Labeler!

They are the best. Even though I'm a distributor for them and selling them I'm not just saying that they really are the best.

Joe Dehner

515-559-4879

We just got our Race in and set it up. Still need to do a few more tweaks but it is very nice and the folks there are super helpful.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a recommendation on a table-top label machine?

Our customers really like the BottleMatic II once they've outgrown the Race (which is also awesome). Made in the USA, and capable of crazy fast speeds once you get into a rhythm. The manufacturer is always quick to pick up the phone and answer a technical support question.

Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Our customers really like the BottleMatic II once they've outgrown the Race (which is also awesome). Made in the USA, and capable of crazy fast speeds once you get into a rhythm. The manufacturer is always quick to pick up the phone and answer a technical support question.

Check it out.

We use the bottlematic also. Great machine and outstanding support.

• 6 months later...

Race Labeler!

They are the best. Even though I'm a distributor for them and selling them I'm not just saying that they really are the best.

Joe Dehner

515-559-4879

Is Race Label still around? Their website seems to be down.