Wanted: STILL

Max Action

Looking for a 200-500L still with the usual assessories: 4 plate column, condensor, agitator, CIP, etc.

Anyone have any leads on such a system? I've gotten quotes for new units from the usual mfgs, but would prefer to save a little money (and time) if there is a used one out there.

I'd be curious to know of any 2-4 spout bottle fillers as well. And while we're at it, maybe a single phase explosion proof pump?

we build stills and our prices are significantly less than the usual choices.

just started construction on a 150 gallon unit with 4 plate column, agitator and all the bells and whistles for a client in South Carolina

drop me an email steven@artisanstilldesign.com

Looking for a 200-500L still with the usual assessories: 4 plate column, condensor, agitator, CIP, etc.

Anyone have any leads on such a system? I've gotten quotes for new units from the usual mfgs, but would prefer to save a little money (and time) if there is a used one out there.

I'd be curious to know of any 2-4 spout bottle fillers as well. And while we're at it, maybe a single phase explosion proof pump?

FILLER - What size/shape bottles will you be running? Container dimensions? What size finish? How many bottles per minute?

Since 1987 we have been buying and selling used packging/processing filling equipment.

Jack Crowley

978-921-4661

CrowleyDJ@comcast.net

750ml bottles, probably round. Unless there is an affordable labeler for square bottles I'm unaware of? Xpressfill and similar units are what we've considered so far for fillers, so anything with that sort of production capacity would be acceptable.

We're not looking for conveyor belts and automatic equipment at this point, if ever (as you might infer from our inquiry of the smaller still size).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you still looking for a still or any distillation equipment?

Looking for a 200-500L still with the usual assessories: 4 plate column, condensor, agitator, CIP, etc

seems safe to assume he is probably looking for a still and some other distillation equipment...

And builder everything is made in the USA not China.

I get that every single post you make is one promoting your own services. I bet some folks might find it annoying; but whatever, thats cool. And I get that you are proud that your stuff is made in the USA. (Im proud that my still was made in the USA as well.) But by adding the "not China" your just intentionally trying to devalue the products offered by another poster in this thread who happens to add a lot of value to this forum/community beyond promoting his own services. Instead of trying to knock someone else you might consider what you can learn from them and how they conduct themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let's get one thing straight. Number one please do not put words in my mouth in which I have not said. You seem like a semi-intelligent individual so here's my side of the story.

Made in China is not a reference to their poor quality. Even though we all know stuff made overseas sometimes is not as high quality as we think it is. It's the people ordering the stuff that try and make it as cheap as possible to turn a profit. It is simply a reference that all the money stays in the United States. It puts food on the table for people here. Also when I'm building a continuous still or just a regular still or any type of Distilling equipment I build it with my own two hands and with a lot of pride. So do not try and belittle me. The other companys that have stuff imported from China how can they take pride in something they haven't even built? Being made in the USA is also a benefit on shipping time. Instead of taking 3 to 4 months to get something shipped from overseas I can do it in 3 to 4 weeks.

I am very proud to produce my products that are made in the United States. I'm proud to be a veteran of the United States Air Force. And if I want to tell somebody that my products are made in United States, well I'll stand up and tell them. Because I'm proud, and I produce a very high-quality product.

Deal with that!

Take care.

[/font][/color]

seems safe to assume he is probably looking for a still and some other distillation equipment...

I get that every single post you make is one promoting your own services. I bet some folks might find it annoying; but whatever, thats cool. And I get that you are proud that your stuff is made in the USA. (Im proud that my still was made in the USA as well.) But by adding the "not China" your just intentionally trying to devalue the products offered by another poster in this thread who happens to add a lot of value to this forum/community beyond promoting his own services. Instead of trying to knock someone else you might consider what you can learn from them and how they conduct themselves.

Well, let's get one thing straight. Number one please do not put words in my mouth in which I have not said. You seem like a semi-intelligent individual so here's my side of the story.

Made in China is not a reference to their poor quality. Even though we all know stuff made overseas sometimes is not as high quality as we think it is. It's the people ordering the stuff that try and make it as cheap as possible to turn a profit. It is simply a reference that all the money stays in the United States. It puts food on the table for people here. Also when I'm building a continuous still or just a regular still or any type of Distilling equipment I build it with my own two hands and with a lot of pride. So do not try and belittle me. The other companys that have stuff imported from China how can they take pride in something they haven't even built? Being made in the USA is also a benefit on shipping time. Instead of taking 3 to 4 months to get something shipped from overseas I can do it in 3 to 4 weeks.

I am very proud to produce my products that are made in the United States. I'm proud to be a veteran of the United States Air Force. And if I want to tell somebody that my products are made in United States, well I'll stand up and tell them. Because I'm proud, and I produce a very high-quality product.

Deal with that!

I have over 12 years experience distilling, and 20 year inf the manufacturing field. I own a DSP and it works. I have lots of knowledge to offer.

Anybody that has a closed mind in this distilling field will fail. I'm here to make sure that does not happen. I spend hours and hours on the phone tring to help solve peoples problems.

I wish you the best.

Take care!

Joe D .

Well, let's get one thing straight... Made in China is not a reference to their poor quality... It is simply a reference that all the money stays in the United States.

Joe,

If, in fact, you assemble your equipment from 100% American made components, I suggest that you start being a little more clear about that in your marketing. If not, then you may not want to say things like "all of the money stays in the United States".

Nick

P.S. If you're taking suggestions for additional titles for yourself, I'd like to submit "messiah". It has a nice ring to it. Or, like our man JC, you could be just a bit more humble. Your call.

Max Action: We are not up and running yet, but I did go through the same process you are now working on. I chose to go with Dehner for a number of reasons that I can relate to you if you are personally interested (PM). We looked at Artisan Still Designs and heard good things about their products. We also talked with Jesse at Trident (http://www.tridentstills.com/) and heard from working distilleries that they do good work as well. We also did the alibaba thing and looked to a Chinese OEM (if you have questions on that nightmare, you can PM me). There are a number of good, lower-cost manufacturers out there; it all depends on what you are looking for.

I didn't look at your profile so I have no idea where you are in your process or if you already have your dsp and are upgrading, but one thing that mattered to me is support. As a newbie, I need more than the physical still: I need someone who can help me in multiple aspects of the business when I have questions. A number of people provide that support domestically without charging you an arm and a leg. Just a thought.

• Thumbs up 1

Like anything else, I would suggest seeing some of the stills in use, nothing like seeing them in action.

That being said, I have specified Jesse's heat exchanger for my water chiller systems for the mash cooling and it matches up very well to my systems. Jesse works very closely with his clients to ensure a well performing operation.

Good luck to you!