Lead Distiller wanted for NC Distillery

revival

Revival Spirits Distilling Co. is a grain to glass distillery looking for a lead distiller. If you want a to work in a beautiful building on great equipment while looking down on the ballpark where the movie Bull Durham was filmed then we are your place!

Revival Spirits in Durham, NC is seeking a Lead Distiller to perform the daily operations at our new facility. The Lead Distiller will be responsible for developing and refining formulas and products as well as production, management, reporting, inventory, and packaging. With the help of the marketing team, the selected applicant will also be expected to represent the brand at shows, dinners, tastings, and some larger events. This is a long term position, with unusual opportunities.

Daily Duties Include:

-Distillery operations, including milling, mashing, distilling, proofing, driving a forklift, equipment maintenance and CLEANING

-Inventory and ordering of raw materials and packaging material

-Production scheduling and staff management

-Implementation and maintenance of a Quality Control program

-Record keeping, including distillation records, quality control, lab records, instrumentation records, TTB reporting, and inventory control.

-Development and oversight of safety policies and procedures.

-Maintaining a book of Standard Operating Procedures.

Requirements:

-A “can do” attitude toward daily operations and unusual circumstances

-A background in Distilling, Brewing, Chemistry or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates with distillery experience.

-A knowledge of fermentation techniques and troubleshooting

-Willingness to learn

-At least 3 years experience as a Head, Lead, or Shift Distiller or Brewer

-Managerial or team lead experience

-Amazing attention to detail

-Mechanical aptitude and experience maintaining pumps, chillers, filters, pneumatic valves, fillers, labelers, and cappers.

-Flexible schedule and willingness to work some weekends, holidays, and late hours

-Knowledge of liquor laws, regulations, and compliance, especially pertaining to Control States.

-Relocation to Durham, NC.

We are willing to invest in continuing formal distillery education for the right candidate.

If interested please contact me at tyler@revivalspirits.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered that my email account is having issues for the past week and not downloading messages. If you have emailed me and not heard back please feel free to PM me, hopefully I will have this figured out soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Tyler

• 2 months later...