Photo

Anybody want to share an XO Brandy recipe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcedtech

pcedtech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Mine is 20% white grapes to 70% water and 10% sugar. My grapes are vignoles. Champagne yeast.

#2 coop

coop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

I do mine on the halves. By this I mean local wineries, which are everywhere and you need to have a good reputable one. One local one, brings me several totes of fermented wines of a different kinds each year. Sometimes a Peno Nour, a merlo, and even lymberger. Sorry about the spelling of these as I am not a wine person, I then distill the wines and for this I get 50% of the alcohol and give him back the other 50%. We both win-win. He uses his own to fortify his wines and I make a brandy out of mine. No mess and no fuss. I then promote that my brandy is distilled from such and such winery. The customers know about the local winery and get a quality product. Coop

#3 bradocaster

bradocaster

Owner/Distiller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, distilling,

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

I do mine on the halves. By this I mean local wineries, which are everywhere and you need to have a good reputable one. One local one, brings me several totes of fermented wines of a different kinds each year. Sometimes a Peno Nour, a merlo, and even lymberger. Sorry about the spelling of these as I am not a wine person, I then distill the wines and for this I get 50% of the alcohol and give him back the other 50%. We both win-win. He uses his own to fortify his wines and I make a brandy out of mine. No mess and no fuss. I then promote that my brandy is distilled from such and such winery. The customers know about the local winery and get a quality product. Coop

How can you transport liquor to a winery? that sounds like a great set up.
Brad

#4 coop

coop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think almost every winery buys spirits all the time to fortify their wine. He puts it in a tote and I pick it up, tong in cheek. It is done every day, transfer in bond. coop

#5 bradocaster

bradocaster

Owner/Distiller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, distilling,

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I think almost every winery buys spirits all the time to fortify their wine. He puts it in a tote and I pick it up, tong in cheek. It is done every day, transfer in bond. coop

Thanks again Coop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users