As a small and privately owned company, A. Smith Bowman Distillery balances time-honored traditions with innovation and creativity to produce hand-crafted spirits. Distilled from the finest ingredients, the premium products created at A Smith Bowman Distillery honor the legacy and ground breaking spirit of Virginia's pioneers.
For more information on A. Smith Bowman, please visit www.asmithbowman.com.
A. Smith Bowman Distillery is seeking a Master Distiller to lead the growth of our Fredericksburg, Virginia craft distillery through hand crafting of our premium spirits, development of new experimental products, development of our homeplace, growth of visitors to our Distillery and growth of product sales. In this hands on role, the Master Distiller will develop the A. Smith Bowman Distillery collection, create experimental whiskies, plan and execute distillation operations, manage whisky inventory, and direct the hand bottling operation. The Master Distiller plays a primary role with support from the Marketing and Sales teams to showcase and advertise the products; participate in bourbon dinners, tastings and other sales/marketing events to raise awareness and sales of the brands, increase the number of visitors to the Distillery, and develop contacts, meet and build relationships with local and national media resources. The Master Distiller is responsible for compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations.
- The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep passion for hand crafting premium spirits
- A Bachelors degree is required, preferably in Chemistry or a related field
- 5 to 10 relevant experience required with distilling experience and experience developing premium spirits strongly preferred
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to passionately represent the Distillery, its collection of products and our Virginia Homeplace to the trade, consumers, visitors and the media are essential
- Strong planning, organizing, technical and analytical skills required