Balcones Distilling is a whisky distillery in Waco, TX. We make whisky from "grain to glass" as people say these days. (How else would one make whisky? Anyway...) We're looking to hire a production assistant that will work the evening shift which generally runs from about noon to 8pm.
This position would ideally be someone with production experience and will split time between the brewhouse and stillhouse with more of the emphasis being on stillhouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include (but are not limited to):
• Distillation on both our 125 hL wash stills and 85 hL spirits stills.
• Daily quality assurance/quality control responsibilities
• Inventory management and record keeping
• Receipt of raw materials and operation of fork lift
• Helping other teams with proofing, blending, barreling and bottling of spirits
• Cleaning of mashing, distilling, and bottling equipment
• 1-2 years of previous distilling or brewing experience preferred
• Strong mechanical/light industrial background preferred
• Experience in the beverage industry, with a passion for craft beverages in particular
• Proven ability to work with little to no supervision
• Be precise and detail oriented
If interested, send your resume and a quick note as to why you think you'd be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org