Jump to content

brokenarrow1560

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About brokenarrow1560

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

53 profile views
  1. My label application has been sent back for correction again, as the type face and font is not the same size. "100% neutral..........." Blah, Blah, Blah... Quite the learning experience, this. I may withdraw the application and formula and begin the process from the beginning. Any HELP or ADVICE would be most helpful. Thanks.
  2. The ferment in fact does distill at over 190 degrees proof, however it stays in production without moving to storage or processing as per your earlier post. Final distillation produces the finished gin. Thanks again for the assistance
  3. I also am running into this situation with label approval with my gin. My application has been returned back to me for correction three times now. Third time is a charm, I hope. TTB has required a formula for which I have received approval, and now they ask for a change in classification from "Distilled from _________." to "100% Neutral Spirit Distilled from__________." There seems to be a lack of continuity depending on which ttb specialist is assigned to your label and or formula. Having my label state "100% neutral..............." I feel will hurt my retail sales as I am distilling from Whey. All done in house from original distillation. I do not put it into storage or change from neutral . My question is this. Once I receive label approval with their requested corrections, may I apply for another Gin label that will more accurately reflect the message I hope to convey without drawing to much attention to my application? Should I state these pionts on a new application under Notes to Specialist? Thanks
  4. Been doing it here in Wisconsin (The Dairy State) for about a year. Our whey comes from a local cheese producer. They further filter out the proteins, concentrate the whey permeate to a brix of between 22-25. Additionally, they re-pasturize to inhibit the lactic acid bacterial fermentation. We have the concentrated permeate transported to our distillery. Adjust your Ph to around 6. We add additional powder lactose sugar. Then fractionate using an enzyme, ferment with conventional yeast. Lactose being a disaccharide does not generally like to ferment , hence the enzyme. Once fractionated into its separate sugars, we have found the glucose will easily ferment, though it takes considerably longer than a typical grain ferment. The galactose still will not ferment and is a loss. The un-fermented sugar can make a bit of a cleaning problem in your still, but we found some sweetness carries thru into the finished product. Our earlier experiments with Kluyvermoyces were unsuccessful, most likely due to what is referred to as Osmotic Shock. As a note, we have teamed up with the U. Wisconsin to help make the process more efficient and along with their help will continue the Kluyvo experiments and hope we can maintain the same flavor profile.
×
×
  • Create New...