District Distilling Company (DDC) is seeking a motivated and hard-working individual to assist its Head Distiller in distilling, blending and aging operations in an award-winning craft distillery in one of the most dynamic markets in the United States.
· Assist in all aspects of distillery operations including but not limited to production, blending, aging, and bottling of distilled spirits.
· Assist with equipment and facility maintenance.
· Perform general warehousing such as moving barrels, palletizing cases, etc.
· Maintain safe and clean distillery, including compliance with all applicable laws, codes, and standards.
· Work with sales team and distributors to execute tastings and other offsite promotional events, as well as onsite private and promotional events.
· 1-3 years of distillery, brewery, or winery experience with working knowledge of all aspects of distillery (brewery or winery) operations; candidates with a sufficient combination of work and relevant educational experience will be considered.
· Understanding of general principles of fermentation and distillation
· Must be able to lift +50lbs repeatedly throughout the workday.
· Must be able to work nights and weekends when needed.
· Experience in producing, blending, and aging multiple types of distilled spirits preferred.
· Technical experience in pipe fitting, welding, process engineering, chemical or mechanical knowledge is preferred.
· Background in chemistry and/or food service, is preferred.
· Professional degree or certification course in distilling, or related field, is preferred.
· Sensory tasting experience preferred.
· Integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards.
· Patience, thoughtfulness and empathy required.
· Ability to work in a team environment, or on a self-directed basis, as needed.
· At least 21 years of age.
Salary based upon previous work experience and expertise.
Interesting candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org