Distillery Hoses

Patio29Dadio

7 hours ago, Patio29Dadio said:

Checking prices at TCW, looking at about $700 for a 2” x 20’ with 2.5” Tri-clamp ends.   Seems on the high end.

High end compared to garden hose. Low end compared to your still. But about average compared to industrial hose in general.

Industrial hose is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. GlideTech Distillery is tough as hell, reinforced with SS helices, does not impart odor/flavor, and is built to conform to a variety of sanitation and safety-related specs. If you can find cheaper hose that ticks all the same boxes—particularly as it relates to the unique challenges posed by safely transferring distilled spirits—let me know. I'll carry it.

Industrial hose isn't sexy and you can't feature it in your tours like you can your still, so I understand why people just starting to outfit their distillery are surprised that something as "simple" as hose isn't $1/foot. But at the end of the day it's the only thing separating your product from the floor.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 6:19 AM, Silk City Distillers said:

We've been beating the hell out of Glidetech Distillery for 2 and a half years and the hoses still look brand new.

Just scored another, albeit smaller, Yamada AODD for high proof transfer. About to pull the trigger on the glidetech. A bit painful at $20 / foot but Ive only heard great things about it.

5 hours ago, sandytoes said:

I ended up getting the Continental Brewline for 10.30 a foot.

Brewline has a chlorobutyl liner. Generally we recommend chlorobutyl for up to about 50% ABV, after which UPE (like on GlideTech Distillery) exhibits superior resistance over the long term.

The other thing our customers like about Glidetech Distillery relative to Continental hoses is the "channels". Continental's hoses are flat are flat on the exterior, which lets liquids pool and gather on the ground if the hose is blocking the flow to your drain. Glidetech has ridges so liquids can flow past to your drain. And, of course, the smooth exterior cover that makes it easy to drag (hence the "glide" in GlideTech)

tuder-glidetech-distillery.jpg