flyhigher87

Pink vodka/Gin

Hey guys I'm coming out with hopefully a pink gin/vodka soon.  However, I'm having trouble with the coloring.  I tried hibiscus to be as natural as possible.  It was a little to purple then got kinda brown.  I tried Carmine, it also was a little to purple.  But with less it was a nice pink.  However, After 3 weeks it lost almost all of its coloring.  Do you guys know what the pink gins are using for coloring.  I am pretty sure they are adding color, but what? 

Thank you everybody.

I believe that the various pink gins on the market are using different combinations of red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries and/or red currants for coloring.  Obviously that's going to shift the flavor profile a bit, but more so with vodka as in a gin the berry flavor is likely to be crushed by the botanicals.

I had a pink gin at a previous distillery. It was a gin aged in a used red wine barrel.

I have made a pink gin with Hibiscus. You have to macerate the hibiscus and only use the flowers for a small amount of time and then take it out.  If not it will turn it purple as you say.