ADI Forums
microshiner

The Liquor Store of the Future is Here

We are thrilled to announce that our mobile app is now available for download in the Google Play and Apple App stores!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microfinder-by-microshiner/id1384291726?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microshiner

With the MicroFinder app from MicroShiner, users can find nearby micro-distilleries based on their current location, find reviews, hours of operation, and directions, and save their favorites to their profile using the My Bar function.

Users can also search our database of craft spirits by spirit type, rating, and price, rate spirits themselves, save their favorites to My Bar, and order spirits online where available.

We couldn't be more excited to be providing this valuable tool for discovering craft spirits and creating this new route to market.

Please contact us with any questions at growth@microshiner.com

• reaction_title_1 1

I installed your app.  It finds only two micro distilleries in the State of Ohio.  What criteria are you using to qualify as "micro"?

Hello Thatch!

Currently, we use the ADI/ACSA criterion to qualify the distilleries and spirits on our platform.

We're not certain why you are only seeing two in the State of Ohio, as there are appears to be 5 or more, including Indian Creek, Buckeye, and Mill Street, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. Can you share a screenshot? We will look into it!

Please note that not every distillery or spirit that meets the criteria has yet been added to our database.

cheers!

screenshot-microshiner-distillery-list-ohio.png

Here's one with no distilleries but shows my location.  It seems if you fiddle around with it, it will show some.

image.thumb.png.40c85ff91a3615a55f701693cc8b5bd1.pngimage.thumb.png.dfeaee1f6ce90261f16915ac929ae8c1.pngimage.thumb.png.40c85ff91a3615a55f701693cc8b5bd1.png

Thanks for the feedback @Thatch!

Some of it has to do with map extent. It will only show distilleries within 100km of the user location (i.e. map center), and there is some nuance to that when you zoom out and/or move around from the default view.

We will continue to investigate. Thanks again for helping us improve !

We're loving this app and can't wait to see how it evolves and grows over time. Much needed addition to the craft industry if we want to get consumers to think about local spirits just as much as they do beer when traveling! Nice work.