Spirit Run questions

JailBreak

I am currently in the process of developing a white rum. I have previous experience producing a lighter rum on a smaller 6-plate column still, however, this time I would like to produce something with a fuller flavor. From experience and some lurking I have a general idea of how to accomplish this, I am just looking for some pointers or suggestions. 

So far I have ran a few stripping runs through our 240 gallon pot still and collected around 50 gallons of 90-100 proof low wines each run. We have a 50 gallon 6" column still with modular plates that I want to use for a spirit run. My current plan is to run 2 plates and reflux for an hour or so to compress the heads, make a suitable heads cut, then stop coolant flow to the dephlegmator and run the hearts more or less like a pot still. 

My main questions would be: What should I dilute the pot to? I was thinking ~50 proof; should I go lower? 

Currently I just want to focus on distillation parameters. 

13 hours ago, indyspirits said:

Ferment to a lower ABV.

I'm assuming you are suggesting to leave some residual sugars? That's definitely something I could experiment with in the future.

3 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

Just to be clear - you are looking to make a fuller flavored white rum?

Correct. Rum has a lot of nuanced flavors even as a clear spirit. I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to separate the good from the bad.