Bottle washing and draining

needmorstuff

Hi,

I am on the search for an inexpensive way of washing and draining/storing bottle with a diameter of 100mm... for my Gin.

For washing I was thinking of this - Bottle Washer Double Blast

Bit draining bottles economically and storing is proving more difficult.. the "tree" style ones leave water in the neck and the rack style ones all seem to be for beer or wine bottles.

Any ideas?

Cheapest but quite effective bottle washer you can get is the Avvinatore from Enolandia, you can find it on Ebay. That's what all the small winemakers in Europe use.

Rack style bottle draining/storage is often limited indeed, I found one that holds 8 of my (wide) gin bottles even though it's designed for 25 beer bottles or 16 wine bottles.

HI Paul - I have seen that in quote a few places and it looks ok.. I will be working with a batch size of 100 or so bottles.. I can quickly imagine me breaking that washer with the spring inside.

I think i know the 25 bottle drainer you refer to and that was my concern that I would only get 4 or 8 per layer. So be it.. unless there are others.

100 bottles a batch is no problem for the Avvinatore, you might have to change the water/whatever a few times in between but that only takes seconds. If you find a better system to drain the bottles I'm certainly interested!

I have just seen a pic of the fastrack 24 and rather than using the 4 corners you stagger the bottles per row.. that way you get 12 bottles per layer. I'll buy a few and see if it works out ok.

The other option I considered was buying some sheets of 5mm plexi and drilling out holes for the neck and fashioning a leg at each corner using threaded rod and nuts.. then just not stacking them up.

• 1 year later...