Stainless steel electric distillation system, w/ gin basket insert, complete setup. Used ~30 times. Won numerous awards with this system. All hardware, fittings, valves and gaskets included. (Agitator in photo excluded.) $5,200, plus shipping. 

Kettle: 200 L (53 G): Twin immersion elements (5500 W each), 6" main port (top) with 6" cleanout (all tri clamp), domed 6" to 4" reducer fitting

Tower: 4 section tower, ea. w/ 3" sight glass; 4 perforated copper plates w/ down comers; dephlagmator; 2" head pipe; 2" shotgun condenser; parrot. Condenser has an adhesive strip of thermochromic indicator plastic applied for visually monitoring and optimizing cooling water efficiency during long runs.

Controllers: Two-burner electric (240 V) controller box; plus temperature gauge microcontroller w/ proprietary temp alarm (wiring and electrical fittings included -- used to indicate boil up, or any target head temps)

Additional: 12" riser section, 8" sight glass section, stainless gin basket insert. 40 feet of cooling water lines (supply and return), plus quick disconnect fittings (will need some cleaning), connecting hardware.

Support: I'll also throw in 2+ hrs of consultation time to guide set up and operation as needed.

coastalSpirits.JPG

IMG_5833.jpeg

ControlBox-200L.JPG

Interesting version of a gin basket (the insert).  I just wonder how easy it is to effectively load the botanicals especially the required amounts considering the layers and side gap.

But on a completely side note of safety and general discussion regarding Atex requirements, over eager inspectors and all the talk regarding it, ...... is one not playing with proverbial fire considering the proximity of the controller to the kettle, the assembled instruments not being Atex rated etc.  I would have had it installed at least +6m away.

10 hours ago, richard1 said:

Interesting version of a gin basket (the insert).  I just wonder how easy it is to effectively load the botanicals especially the required amounts considering the layers and side gap.

But on a completely side note of safety and general discussion regarding Atex requirements, over eager inspectors and all the talk regarding it, ...... is one not playing with proverbial fire considering the proximity of the controller to the kettle, the assembled instruments not being Atex rated etc.  I would have had it installed at least +6m away.

Atex requirements do not apply to the US. Also we do not normally accept commercial or industrial CE listed electrical devices that are not UL listed. We have our own requirements, however they are up to the interpretation of the local inspectors and they are not always enforced and to be frank, in some rural areas, certain inspections are not required.  Our federal government is much more decentralized with more power to the states and municipalities in such matters, than the Western European governments. 

Where I live there are no building inspections, electrical inspections or building permits required.  We still have stills in distilleries here in the US that are directly fired by propane or natural gas (there are very few now and not acceptable in most places).  All of that being said we here at Affordable Distillery Equipment are safety conscious and we consider the area around the still to be a class 1 div 2 hazardous environment and our electrical heating systems are built to that standard.  The agitators on our pro series stills are good enough for class 1 div1.