Spirit Storage Vessels (Small Volume)

derek.duf

I am looking for recommendation on spirit storage tanks.  This will be for a 100 gal still, so do not need anything too large.  I searched and most results were for significantly larger vessels than what I am looking for, and have not been able to find many suppliers through google.  Thanks!

Paul at affordable distilling carries stainless steel receiving tanks.  These work well and are affordable. Here's a link to their 50 gallon tank.  https://shop.distillery-equipment.com/collections/moonshine-distilling-equipment/products/50-gallon-receiving-tank-transfer-barrel-ss304

In addition, we purchased a bunch of 30 gallon stainless steel drums from Janszen discount products.  Just put these on a movers dolly and they can be moved around very easily.  https://www.usedstainlesssteelbarrels.com/product-category/stainless-steel-barrels/new-barrels/

Hi Derek,

I have a great price on 55 gallon stainless barrels.  If you want to store in a vessel larger than 120 gallons we have UL listed storage tanks.  If you store outside in one of our UL listed stainless storage tanks, you won't have to jump through all of the hoops that they make you jump through to store ethanol in your building and you can store thousands of gallons if you want. paul@distillery-equipment.com

Love using 5 gallon corny kegs (with the seals swapped for compatible ones).

Stainless, sealable, sanitary.  Doesn't hurt they are durable, cheap, have comfortable handles.

If you have a fire inspector who is a stickler, they are easily stored in a yellow fire cabinet.

Obviously, you aren't proofing, gauging, blending in, or bottling from these tanks.  They are just convenient working storage.

Kegs are another cheap alternative, but it's a two person job to dump, or you have to pump.

I've tried to find a reason to get rid of them, but they are so handy.  Filling barrels and end up with 4 gallons extra?  Throw it in a corny.  Feints from a crazy mash bill run that I want to keep to use in case I ever run it again?  Throw it in a corny.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 3:14 AM, derek.duf said:

I am looking for recommendation on spirit storage tanks.  This will be for a 100 gal still, so do not need anything too large.  I searched and most results were for significantly larger vessels than what I am looking for, and have not been able to find many suppliers through google.  Thanks!

Dear, 100gal still, means Pot still or say reflux still? direct to connect spirit storage tank also is no problem,  we DYE distiller can recommend and design for your idea, could we talk by email: dye203@dayuwz.com. i can guid you with suitable option, thank you.

Tiffany

Phone/what's app: +86 18966255852