End cap display racks?

Rum

One of our retailers would like us to provide them with some endcap displays that hold about 36 bottles. Preferably something that displays the bottles and not just the cases. I would also like to have a spot to brand the end cap itself. I've been looking around on the net and haven't found anything that I'm quite happy with yet.

Anyone have a good source/website they can point me to?

One of our retailers would like us to provide them with some endcap displays that hold about 36 bottles. Preferably something that displays the bottles and not just the cases. I would also like to have a spot to brand the end cap itself. I've been looking around on the net and haven't found anything that I'm quite happy with yet.

While this sort of thing can be a good deal for a producer, be aware that after you give the fixture to the retailer, the retailer is under no obligation to continue to fill it with your merchandise.

While this sort of thing can be a good deal for a producer, be aware that after you give the fixture to the retailer, the retailer is under no obligation to continue to fill it with your merchandise.

Yes, that's true. At least they are planning on buying enough in the first order that the profits will cover the cost of the racks. Hopefully they will use it to display our merchandise for a while. We found a nice wine rack this afternoon that will work well and look upscale. I'll modify it to add a "permanent" logo of ours to it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Get ahold of, or make, a nice and classy rack to provide for your retailers. Many stores, particularly the large volume guys get innundated with freebies and lots of promotional "crap" (meaning both extra junk and often low quality materials). Once you've got what you need brand the hell out of it with permenant logos. Place them anywhere a retailer might affix a sign or price tags so that they do not all get covered up in the event your rack gets repurposed. I see this all the time when doing tastings and events with retailers.

Another suggestion. Do your own assessment of how much volume of your products that outlet can support and base your decision on that, not on one order from the retailer or from the retailer's estimates. Retailers are very adept at getting things from vendors on the if-come, and they may well see eager, novice small producers as ripe for the picking. It's not personal, it's just business. You have to be hard-nosed and realistic too.

By permanent do you mean welded on? Because I just removed some permanent branding from some racks one of my distributors had laying around. They now have my not quite permanent branding on them.

Seriously, check with your distributors. Wineries constantly send them end cap displays and they usually end up pulling them out of the stores (at the stores request) when the store quits running a special or the distributor no longer has the brand. I've seen several distributors with junk rooms full of this stuff. The originator doesn't want to pay to have them shipped back and they often end up getting tossed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Not sure what size your bottles are; however I use Radel for my wine. The website is http://www.radelwoodproducts.com/

They have an inexpensive 4 case rack, for a couple hundred bucks they can create a brand so your logo is branded on the front. This ensures that your product is displayed on the rack. I've never had a retailer use the racks for another brand. In the event they do you can always recover the rack.