Hot Water heater

clwestphal

I have been using Rinnai for years and with no problems.

FOR INDOOR APPLICATIONS ONLY
RUC80i .................. REU-KBD2530FFUD-US
RUC90i .................. REU-KBD2934FFUD-US
RUC98i .................. REU-KBD3237FFUD-US
FOR OUTDOOR APPLICATIONS ONLY
RU80e ................... REU-KB2530WD-US
RU90e ................... REU-KB2934WD-US
RU98e ................... REU-KB3237WD-US

Thanks! This is exactly what we are looking for as well.

Is anyone here from the north where tap water is 45-50 degrees in winter? Wondering if one unit will be enough at decent flow rate, or if I'll have to run two in series.

7 hours ago, Skaalvenn said:

Wondering if one unit will be enough

Our water temp is 47 now and will get lower.  I guess it all depends on how much you want to mash.  Our tun is 550 gallons and we are 100% barley malt.  We use a grist hydrator and the flow rate is what we need to match the water flow with the malt flow and prevent clumping.

50 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

Have you ever thought of using the hot water from your stills condensers?  

We did this in the past on smaller runs, but we usually have about about 40-60gph of cool water circulating through the still so it would take 8 hours of running (not realistic) to fill a mash tun (and the water would cool substantially in that time).  Also, if I can mash 8 hours quicker, I can distill it 8 hours quicker.  Those hours add up over the months.

15 minutes ago, Skaalvenn said:

We did this in the past on smaller runs, but we usually have about about 40-60gph of cool water circulating through the still so it would take 8 hours of running (not realistic) to fill a mash tun (and the water would cool substantially in that time).  Also, if I can mash 8 hours quicker, I can distill it 8 hours quicker.  Those hours add up over the months.

Several of my customers are running their hot condenser water into hot water holding tanks that are insulated and some of that water is used for mashing in, however it is going into corn mash tuns, that have steam or baine marie jackets, at 130 to 140 f and then everything is heated up to 185 to 190F and cooked at that temp.  This saves them a great deal of energy and time verses starting with 60F tap water.  It sounds like you are using the strike water method so I can see how reclaiming condenser water would not work for you.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...