Hello from Russia

Hello, friends.

I'm a home distiller from Russia. Sorry for my English - it is not perfect, but I think it will let me communicate here.

My main interests are malt & grain distillates: scotch, bourbon, bread wine (traditional russian spirit). Sometimes I make ethanol for further absinth production. I prefer to learn & use traditional technology. Experiments are not my choice. I expect that my communication here will let me understand traditional processes better. I also search & read books about scotch & whiskey technology and I'll be grateful for literature recommendations.

Home distilling is fully legal in Russian Federation provided that the product is used personally.

At the moment I use broad range of equipment: cooker with motorized mixer, simple condensers, dephlegmator, bubble plate/cap column, rectification packed column. Last year I worked with malt mashing process, using a kind of a mash tun. Practically all processes are conducted with a controller based on Arduino.

So, I think that is important to learn traditional american spirits from american books and american forums. Recently I discovered rye whiskey and found it excellent. Hope, that this forum will help me to make spirit close to traditional ones.

With great respect, Dmitry.

• Thumbs up 1