Spirit Classification for COLA

Leisips

Perhaps you missed my last response.  There is no minimum.  However, if you age your spirits for one second, you must say one second on your label.

1 hour ago, Huffy2k said:

Just the time in a barrel. 

Like he said. 

I believe to comply with the regulations you will have to say something like:   Colored and flavored with wood staves
Stored not less than (amount of time you aged in the barrel) in reused cooperage.  (barrels, oak barrels, etc)

11 hours ago, adamOVD said:

This is amazing. Had to make sure it was real. Looks like a far superior grain bill than actual pbr.

The beer would not use that much corn. Must not be aged in charred oak, even for 5 seconds, or it would have been classified as bourbon. LOL. Probably used cooperage.

3 hours ago, adamOVD said:

Maybe corn syrup as Budweiser would have us outraged about. 

I more outrage about their rice.  How about some barley malt.  Has Bud become rice beer?

On 3/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Thatch said:

I more outrage about their rice.  How about some barley malt.  Has Bud become rice beer?

Bud was always rice beer. The idea for rice or corn is to add something that will provide dextrose to augment the barley malt (since the maltose and malto-n-sugars break down to dextrose). Corn is added as syrup, so you don't get a stuck mash (Miller & Coors), rice is added as hulled grain so that it will lauter (Budweiser).

50 minutes ago, bluestar said:

Bud was always rice beer. The idea for rice or corn is to add something that will provide dextrose to augment the barley malt (since the maltose and malto-n-sugars break down to dextrose). Corn is added as syrup, so you don't get a stuck mash (Miller & Coors), rice is added as hulled grain so that it will lauter (Budweiser).

Thanks, that was tongue-in-cheek.  I'm amazed that a company using rice in their beer would poke fun and another using corn syrup.  Our distillery in located within a malt house and we sell malt to many microbrewers.  You can make great beer or hooch without any adjuncts. 

17 hours ago, Thatch said:

Thanks, that was tongue-in-cheek.  I'm amazed that a company using rice in their beer would poke fun and another using corn syrup.  Our distillery in located within a malt house and we sell malt to many microbrewers.  You can make great beer or hooch without any adjuncts. 

I should have said to "augment the barley malt at lower cost", since we know cost is what drives them to produce inferior product.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Thatch said:

Bud has had rice in it for at least 40 years.  I know because it has always given me a headache.  Every beer and wine that I have drank with rice in it, has given me a headache.  I'm not exactly sure why.  It's okay though, because I always thought the taste of budweiser sucked anyway.