300 gal Corson Distillery - Unused, Automated

300 gallon distillery from Corson in Calwell, ID.  Asking Price $95000.  Lot includes Still, Mash/Lauter Tun, 2 Fermentors, Touch Screen Automation, and Spirit Pump.  All vessels are 300 gals working capacity w/CIP and butterfly valves, designed for a 12′ clear ceiling height, and still wrapped in NEW condition.

-Steam heated pot still w/whiskey helmet, agitator, botanicals vessel, 1x four plate column+dephleg, 2x ten plate columns+dephlegs, condenser, and enclosed spirits safe

-Steam heated mash/lauter tun w/agitator, cooling jackets, top and side manways

-2x Hinged top fermentors w/agitators and cooling coils

System is rated for 300,000 BTUs; all it needs is a boiler and chiller. Currently located in Miami, FL.  Feel free to email me with any questions.

PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-15-1024x768.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-16-768x1024.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-17-768x1024.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-18-768x1024.jpg

Corson manufacturing is notorious for dangerous equipment that is poorly made is in most instances does not function. 

Why are you selling such a beautiful brand new piece of equipment?

• Thumbs up 1

12 hours ago, captnKB said:

Corson manufacturing is notorious for dangerous equipment that is poorly made is in most instances does not function. 

Why are you selling such a beautiful brand new piece of equipment?

Actually, the Corson stills I've seen in operation were all very well fabricated.  And from the clients I've spoken to, Corson's issues were overcommitting on production and not being able to meet delivery expectations after having been paid.  I'm curious though, have you inspected any of their equipment firsthand?  How many previous clients have you spoken to that had issues with fabrication quality?

Selling this for a friend who decided not to open his distillery.  Cheers!

Ive built 2 corson stills for clients. Both were poorly fabricated. Had pin hole leaks in welds. Dangerous non functioning PRV's, Thin jacket walls that buckled and cracked. Faulty agitators that quickly failed. There are several other folks who have been the victims of corson who experienced the same problems I did. 

• Thumbs up 1

5 hours ago, SpiritProf said:

Actually, the Corson stills I've seen in operation were all very well fabricated.  And from the clients I've spoken to, Corson's issues were overcommitting on production and not being able to meet delivery expectations after having been paid.  I'm curious though, have you inspected any of their equipment firsthand?  How many previous clients have you spoken to that had issues with fabrication quality?

captnKB is not bullshitting you.  Corson's stills are dangerous, because of the design flaws, shitty fab work and cheap parts.  Also there weld fit and polish looks like crap, upon close inspection.  Because of the column design flaws and the wrong pressure relief valves being used, one of these stills built up pressure, popped the pressure relief valve which promptlyly clogged causing a run away pressure situation, which blew the manway off the still, spewing hundreds of gallons of scalding hot mash all over the distilling area, killing 2 cats in a horribly painful fashion.  If the distillery owner had not dived under a table, he could have been horribly injured or killed as well.  The owner of the distillery was actually lucky that Corson used the cheapest crappiest Chines manways.  If the manway had not been so weak, a massive explosion could have occured.

The Corson plate design is ridiculous.  It looks like it was designed by a 5 year old.  My 6" plate design has more throughput than their 16" plate design.  Their offset columns sit too low to gravity feed condensate back into the pot. Their condensate return lines are designed wrong causing the columns to flood.  And this is the stupidest part, they only have one tiny little downcomer with a 5/8" throughput for their 16" plates, which also causes flooding.  Also there stills, with multiple plated columns, do not operate with complete functionality of all of the plates because of another design flaw.

If you sell this to someone, you do so knowing that it may be dangerous and will will not function correctly.  Please read the reviews and click on the newspaper article links at the link below so you better understand the huge mistake that your friend made when they purchased from the idiotic, lieing, cheating Corson brothers, one of whom is supposed to be an engineer and the other an attorney.  Stupidest engineer I have ever seen.

Below is a link to reviews of my equipment which is in over 300 distilleries in the US alone.

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, SpiritProf said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. The still we bought from them was poorly engineered and built. It was quite dangerous as delivered. They are liars plain and simple who built a lot of crap.

We were able to get our still running safely only after putting a lot of time and money into fixing the multiple problems with it. We were only able to get it running because we have a sophisticated fabrication shop next door. Without them we probably would have taken it to the recycling plant down the street.

I feel bad for your friend who got stuck with a Corson still, but that doesn't change the facts. I would hate to see someone else get stuck with a still that quite probably has problems. 

• Thumbs up 1

@Rum @Southernhighlander guys thank you for speaking up.

. @SpiritProf please do not take this the wrong way. We are not trying to attack you. 

Corson stills are dangerous and alot of people in this industry are young to the game. With inexperience many folks do not know the difference between a safe still and a ticking time bomb (corson).

Feel free to continue to try to sell your still but lets be honest here about the quality of the built.

• Thumbs up 1

On 3/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, SpiritProf said:
300 gallon distillery from Corson in Calwell, ID.  Asking Price $95000.  Lot includes Still, Mash/Lauter Tun, 2 Fermentors, Touch Screen Automation, and Spirit Pump.  All vessels are 300 gals working capacity w/CIP and butterfly valves, designed for a 12′ clear ceiling height, and still wrapped in NEW condition.

-Steam heated pot still w/whiskey helmet, agitator, botanicals vessel, 1x four plate column+dephleg, 2x ten plate columns+dephlegs, condenser, and enclosed spirits safe

-Steam heated mash/lauter tun w/agitator, cooling jackets, top and side manways

-2x Hinged top fermentors w/agitators and cooling coils

System is rated for 300,000 BTUs; all it needs is a boiler and chiller. Currently located in Miami, FL.  Feel free to email me with any questions.

PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-15-1024x768.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-16-768x1024.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-17-768x1024.jpg
PHOTO-2018-10-01-17-22-18-768x1024.jpg

With the still never being setup and Corson notorious for not sending complete orders and there never being support on there equipment because they are out of business I would be willing to take a chance at 58k. If you get to this point let me know. I’ll come to Miami and have a look 

• 3 years later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:00 AM, Jakehatfield said:

With the still never being setup and Corson notorious for not sending complete orders and there never being support on there equipment because they are out of business I would be willing to take a chance at 58k. If you get to this point let me know. I’ll come to Miami and have a look 

Are you still looking for one of these. I have the same setup unused.