The Ultimate Hands-on Workshop is back in Seattle, June 7-9

rockyrutter

Hi everyone!

Rockwell Rutter here from Distillery University; I wanted to let everyone know about our new 3-day Workshop at 3 Howls Distillery in Seattle, WA (June 7-9)

This Workshop allows you to actually take control of a professional-grade reflux still and produce your own batch of spirits under the supervision of award-winning distillers. We'll also have lots of classroom time to learn from various experts and get all your questions answered. All students also receive a FREE Lifetime Membership to our online classes (currently at over 47 hours of content and a $499 value). Also, everyone is entered to win a free 3 gallon reflux still (the same type we use during the Workshop). We announce the winner on Sunday, just let us know where to ship it!

If you're looking to get ACTUAL hands-on experience, this is the Workshop for you. We'll have a mash already made up for you, so all you have to focus on is getting your spirits to come out just right.

After your spirits run is complete, you'll then be shown how to blend with distilled water in order to get the strength and flavor profile you're looking for. From there, you'll bottle your finished spirit and take it home with you! We'll also run the bottling line and a few other hands-on activities.

Topics to be covered in the hands-on portion of the class are:

Mashing
Grain choice
Temperatures
Fermentation
Choosing the base product
Yeast choice
Vessel choice
Distillation
Making the cuts
Temperature choice
Equipment design/performance
Still performance

For the classroom portion of the Workshop, industry expert Todd Buckley covers:

Welcome to the Beverage Alcohol Industry
History of Distilling in America
Regulation Highlights to Distill in the US
The Competitive Landscape of Spirits in the US
Introduction to Biology: Fermentation
Grains, Fruits and Yeast
Yeast Strains
Introduction to Chemistry: Alcohol
Ethanol, Methanol, Isopropanol
Organic Acids
Ethylene and Ethyl Ether
Esters
Filtration
Vodka distillation
Properly Using a Hydrometer
Substrate Choices
Achieving 190 proof
Bottling
Brandy Distillation
Fruit Choices
Achieving 160 proof
Filtration
Proofing
Botanicals Blending for Gin
Botanical Choices
Maceration, Decoction and Infusion
Brewing Skill for Whiskey Distillation and Aging
Substrate Choices
Fermentation
Distillation Techniques
Aging
Introduction to Physics: Distillation
Heating, Reflux and Condensation
Still Design
Weight, Volume and Temperature

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me any time by phone or email. Also, here is a link to the informational page on our website, where you can view pricing and registration info (https://distilleryuniversity.com/hands-on-workshop/). Have a great day!

Rockwell Rutter

(509) 999-1244

rockwell@distilleryuniversity.com

I attended one of their 3 day courses last October. As someone who is just getting started I found it to be packed with valuable content (doing my homework prior was helpful as well as it reduced the 'drinking from a firehose' effect). The hands on portion in the 3 Howls distillery really helped set some perspective about the realities of starting/running a DSP. We had attendees from around the country (and several from other countries) in various stages of establishing a DSP (just thinking about it to up and running with some early product development). The experience was well worth it in my opinion!