Help! Hamilton kettle drawings or diagram

kckadi

Hopefully someone can help,

I recently picked up an 800 gal steam jacketed 1961 Hamilton Kettle with counter rotating mixers for a mash tun.  It was a good buy and I knew it would require work.  I need to rebuild the lower half of the gearbox which requires removing the two inline counter rotating mixer blades.  But I can't seem to get the mixer shaft out of the lower gear box coupling. I removed the drive pin from the center shaft and the keyway set screw for the out shaft but the outer shaft(it has a hollow outer shaft turning one direction and a solid inner shaft rotating the other way) will not budge out of the outside shaft coupling.  I really need a drawing or manual on the gear box before I put a hydraulic collar on it.  I'm worried I missed something and will end up breaking$$$$$ the damm thing.   

I find very little about Hamiliton online. Hamilton is no longer a separate company and I heard it was bought by someone else(Trinity industries?)   Does anyone know anything about Hamiliton kettles or perhaps knows someone who does? I am an engineer with 30+ yrs experience with mechanical systems so I have tried all the basic stuff (heat, penetrating oil, vibration, etc).  It looks to me like a simple splined/keyed shaft and it could very well be that it is just seized in the coupling from age but I want to be sure before I go nuclear on it.  I'm hoping this bargain kettle doesn't kill my $$$$ account!  Thanks -- Kevin

Got my issues squared away. For anyone else with a Hamilton kettle you need to disassemble the gear box as the outer agitator/sweeparm shaft is bolted and keyed directly the bottom bevel/differential gear.  Only online resources I could find for help was Enerfab in Ohio, http://enerfabparts.com/ .  They were very helpful and actually sent me CAD drawings of the gearbox which I've attached for anyone else who may need them. Also helpful  was https://kettles.com/product-category/kettles/  in Georgia who were extremely helpful with phone advice.   

Size #2 Gearbox.pdf Size #2 Master.pdf