ZimDist

Does any one use PALL- FIltration Equipment

Stage 1-Carbon Filtration : Sized at 250 LMH

Supradisc  Housing                             : WSFZ162F31UT5J - 

WSFZ Standard Accessory Kit         : GFB0157

Carbon Module                                   : PN 7007965 ;  AKS 4 300XAK4C419SP - https://food-beverage.pall.com/en/spirits/activated-carbon-treatment.html

Stage 2Blended Product : Sized at 500 LMH

Suprak S Housing                               : SPSA100TVA – S housing   - data sheet attached 

Modules                                              : PN 5303133/S  SUPRAPAK SH 5900 SW ( option will be to move to lower pore size)  - https://food-beverage.pall.com/en/spirits/chill-haze-removal-stabilization.html

Stage 3-Guard Filtration:  Sized at 20 L/min  per 10 inch

Housing                                               :  FBVHP013DN25-DR – data sheet attached

Standard Accessory kit                       : GFB0157  

Cartridge                                             : B11825  PREcart PP II 499A150W073SP 5 micron absolute - https://food-beverage.pall.com/en/spirits/activated-carbon-removal.html

2 hours ago, Naked Spirits Distillery said:

I have a very good friend that is on their management team if you need information. I will be bringing in their equipment in the near term. 

Thank you

They have been very helpful. I will be purchasing the above 

I was just looking into filtration for our start up.   Glad to see this post.   

On 5/2/2019 at 1:42 AM, Naked Spirits Distillery said:

I have a very good friend that is on their management team if you need information. I will be bringing in their equipment in the near term. 

I wanted to know if this proposed set up would make the product very smooth?

On 5/29/2019 at 2:08 AM, Distiller101 said:

I"d like to take a look at this equipment. Who is the contact for supply?

google www.pall.com to find the distributor in your country

On 5/13/2019 at 8:42 PM, Dehner Distillery said:

I do. Sorta.

I mod-ed some of there equipment. Works great. All different filter sizes.

I am excited to use their equipment 

Wouldn’t it just be easier to use granulated charcoal and prewash it before putting it in a simple 4” x 72” column?

have you read gert strands activated charcoal book?  It’s like free online and super helpful. 

Not trying to be be a jerk but rinsing carbon like 7 times and agitating by hand then soaking for 24 hours in a bucket is super easy and part of commissioning the stuff anyway. I get no particulates with just a hold up screen and a piece of filter cloth tied to the spout. 

ALL LOOSE CARBON HAS TO BE WASHED. Even the “prewashed” stuff. It makes more powder in the bag just from handling. 

I seem to get the the best results from the coconut shell 12-40 mesh stuff. The anthracite coal based carbon throws a weird flavor for me. 

Seriously. Search the book and read it. It’s short. It’ll save you a ton of money. 

22 hours ago, FijiSpirits said:

Wouldn’t it just be easier to use granulated charcoal and prewash it before putting it in a simple 4” x 72” column?

have you read gert strands activated charcoal book?  It’s like free online and super helpful. 

Not trying to be be a jerk but rinsing carbon like 7 times and agitating by hand then soaking for 24 hours in a bucket is super easy and part of commissioning the stuff anyway. I get no particulates with just a hold up screen and a piece of filter cloth tied to the spout. 

ALL LOOSE CARBON HAS TO BE WASHED. Even the “prewashed” stuff. It makes more powder in the bag just from handling. 

I seem to get the the best results from the coconut shell 12-40 mesh stuff. The anthracite coal based carbon throws a weird flavor for me. 

Seriously. Search the book and read it. It’s short. It’ll save you a ton of money. 

thank you. I have ordered the carbon, my tilter clums hold 40kgs each.

I will re wash them and also soak them