Seeking Used Mash Tun

mvierth

Hey, everyone!

I'm in the market right now for a steam-jacketed 600-gallon mash tun. No need for a false bottom, as we ferment and distill on-grain. 

Something  $20,000 or less would be amazing. 

Feel free to respond or DM. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, mvierth said:

Hey, everyone!

I'm in the market right now for a steam-jacketed 600-gallon mash tun. No need for a false bottom, as we ferment and distill on-grain. 

Our new 600 gallon mash tuns are only $21,370.00  http://distillery-equipment.com/600gallonmashtun.htm  We have some open top 600 gallons that are $19,300.00  We have equipment in 20% of the distilleries in the US and we are well known for our quality and customer service. email: paul@distillery-equipment.com

Mark,

Our mash tuns have built in crash cooling capabilities.  The open top mash tun has a built in removable coil that will crash cool the mash in 20 to 30 minutes and it has an 8hp UL listed US made Baldor motor on the agitator.  This very large agitator gives you the ability to leave 25% of the water out of the grain bill which allows you to add that water after the cook so that you can crash cool down to starch to sugar conversion temp in just 6 minutes.  After starch to sugar conversion is complete you can crash down to, yeast throwing temp in just 10 minutes or so with the coil.  That way the total crash cool time is 16 minutes.  Time is money.  Also the mash tuns that I offer above do not have rakes or false bottoms which will only get in the way if you are doing on the grain mashes. Also a great deal of our work is done right here in the good old USA and our units come with US made safety valves.417-778-6100 ask for Paul.

14 hours ago, Sudzie said:

The  motor on the agitator is too small and the shaft and paddles look like they are for milk not a 2 lb per gallon corn mash.  It's a good deal but I would probably change out the agitator and paddles for something more robust.

2 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

This is a great deal and this unit should handle thick corn mashes with no issues.

1 hour ago, Silk City Distillers said:

Always inspect the tags of used tanks and verify the mawp and working temps are suitable for steam.  While it might work to push the limits - keep in mind boiler and pressure vessel inspectors.

This should especially be done with dairy tanks.  Many of them have thin stainless sheathing that looks like a jacket over copper or other tubing around the inner tank.  This type of set up can be mistaken for a steam jacket. These units are not typically good for steam fired mash cookers. 

Also vessels that operate at less than 15psi that are fired by low pressure steam boilers are not required to have ASME stamps or any other such markings because they are not considered pressure vessels.  If you are looking at a vessel with jacket with no markings other than the manufacturer call the manufacturer and find out what pressure less than 15psi that the jacket is good for.  If there is no way to know who built it, and there is no asme or other pressure info then you will need to have the jacket hydrotested at at least twice the pressure that you will be running in the jacket.  If you plan on running it at 12psi then it should be hydrotested to at least 24psi.  Again you must operate these vessels at less than 15 psi.  Also, before pressure testing you should have a professional tank fabricator look over the jacket and advise you whether they think that it is good for low pressure steam or not. 

Our steam jackets are tested at 3 times the rated pressure.

Mvierth,

You might consider going with a 600 gallon single walled mash tun with agitator.  Direct steam injection is a great way to cook grain in mashes and no steam jacket is needed.  We can sell you a single wall 600 gallon mash tun set up for steam injection with a 5hp agitator and built in crash cooling coil for around $14,000.00 

There are several reasons why we put agitators on our stills that are 3 to 5 times stronger than those of our competitors.  Two of those reasons are that  #1 it gives the agitator a longer life span. #2 the customer can leave 25% or more of the water out of the mash and do the first crash cool using cold water which only takes 3 to 6 minutes to get down to starch to sugar conversion temp (time is money).  We have some customers that leave  enough water out of the mash to crash cool all of the way to starch to sugar conversion temp and then to yeast throwing temp by adding cold water directly to the mash.  They can crash cool in as little as 6 minutes doing it that way.  Also if you need to modify a used vessel, we can do that for $65.00 per hour for sanitary tig welding.  We have the 2nd deepest sanitary parts catalog in the USA, our prices are some of the best and the quality is outstanding.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, mvierth said:

Hey, everyone!

I have a 300 gallon mash tun with cooling jacket and agitator that I need to get moved out.  I know its not what your looking for, but I am located close to you, and would part with this thing for scrap costs.  Could also probably provide delivery to MD.  Hit me up if curious..

Hi, Sudzi orbis correct drw181@hotmail.com.

I just found the email regarding this post in junk email though.  Let me know your email address and I can see if email landed there.  

Alternatively you can call or text 250 572 4568

Thanks

Dale

1 hour ago, Drw181 said:

I just found the email regarding this post in junk email though.  Let me know your email address and I can see if email landed there.  

Thanks

Dale

info@WigglyBridgeDistillery.com

On 5/16/2019 at 11:13 AM, Sudzie said:

info@WigglyBridgeDistillery.com

On 5/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, Drw181 said:

Thanks

Dale

SOLD