Spreadsheets?

Gossinger

maybe i'm out of the loop, but could you be more specific on what you are asking for?

On the front page of the website, along the side bar, is a tab called "spread sheets." I was hoping to find out what is contained within the spreadsheets to see if it is anything i need.

Right. I still have no idea where you are talking about. If you need help opening a spreadsheet and don't have Microsoft excel, you can use Google's free Google Docs. http://www.google.com/google-d-s/spreadsheets/

good luck.

-Scott

I think he's referring to the content of the spreadsheets.

Personally, that's a question I've wondered. For the price of admission to this club you also get 'spreadsheets' relating to the distilling industry.

But is the information on the sheets worth the price of admission?

It would be nice to see exact screenshots of what the sheets are and what they can do.

Just an observation.

Yes, I am referring specifically to the content of the spreadsheets. For example, do they show the different types of grains and their yield? Or is the spread sheet just a "plain" version of the distillers directory?

Thanks

ohhhhhhh, sorry for the confusion. I'm pretty sure we're members (i need to ask the wife), i'll try to get some access and post a summary. I know Bill Owens included a bunch of spreadsheets as part of his book, and would venture a guess that's probably what they are....more of a template of what things (like gauging records) should look like instead of containing tables useful for calcs or recipes....

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Question for ADI: On the "Distiller Production Spreadsheet", how did the author arrive at the values for:

-Vodka Spirit Yield (Ga) "=((D4*E4)*F4)/1.2"

-Vodka Yield @ 50% (Ga) "=G4* ((F4/0.5)-1)+G4"

In particular under spirit yield - from where does the "/1.2" value derive?

Caveat - I am a NewB. I only ask as recently, I reviewed another distiller producing a bourbon whiskey in a 60 gal copper "hybrid" still using 30 gals of fermented wash that produced, on average, about 5 gallons of 100 proof hearts per spirit run. When I plug in these same values into the spreadsheet - the yield values are much smaller. Just wondering what I am missing.

-Thx

• 3 months later...

BourbnBaron2010...

If the wash your guy was using was 8%, in theory, you'd have 2.4 gallons of OH (or 4.8 gallons at 100 proof). Leaving no room for heads and tails cut (assuming where /1.2 comes from), 5 gallon seems like a bit much. Maybe his wash is a bit higher than 8%. I didn't look at the spreadsheet, only your example.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick Question for ADI: On the "Distiller Production Spreadsheet", how did the author arrive at the values for:

-Vodka Spirit Yield (Ga) "=((D4*E4)*F4)/1.2"

-Vodka Yield @ 50% (Ga) "=G4* ((F4/0.5)-1)+G4"

In particular under spirit yield - from where does the "/1.2" value derive?

Caveat - I am a NewB. I only ask as recently, I reviewed another distiller producing a bourbon whiskey in a 60 gal copper "hybrid" still using 30 gals of fermented wash that produced, on average, about 5 gallons of 100 proof hearts per spirit run. When I plug in these same values into the spreadsheet - the yield values are much smaller. Just wondering what I am missing.

-Thx

BourbonBaron,

I had the same question - that is what "/1.2" is referring to in that formula. I'm sure you noted in the rum production on the same worksheet that the "/1.2" is missing, so I can assume that the "1.2" is taking into account something specific to producing vodka. Did the response of JohninWV clear this issue up for you? If it did, do you per chance have another way to explain. I must admit that it's still not clear to me.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...