Moonshine University Feedback Needed

LJD

I am considering attending Moonshine University’s “6-Day Distiller Course” and would like to ask if any ADI Forum Members have any feedback about Moonshine University and/or their “6-Day Distiller Course”.  Is it worth the $6250?  Is it more of a sales pitch to use their instructors as consultants or do they really stick to the technical side of the training and remain unbiased around the sales pitch?  It seems like it could be an awesome course and jam packed with many great topics.  Just trying to get some feedback before spending the money.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I am sure they have a great show there. But seems crazy to pay that much. How much can one person absorb in that short of time, 6 days is long but it has taken years to get where I'm at today. Plus not every one is going to have the same distillery, or set up. For that price it should be tailor made just for you.

Just sayin.

You could pay me $6250 and follow me around for 2 weeks.  😁

• Thumbs up 1

That sounds insane to me. Does that include any consulting time for once the course is over?

Dehner is right that not everyone is going to have the same setup.  While it's nice to get a feel for what running a distillery is like, one of the biggest problems people encounter are the million simple questions along the way that can add up to serious money and time. Which hoses to buy? Which connectors? Which pumps? Which filler to start with? Which labeler? Are my suppliers giving me a fair price? Do I need to buy this thing? Can I get by without that thing? Should I lay out the facility like this?

I'm just a few hours north of Dehner. You can follow me around for a week at $3125 and then follow him around for the second week. I'm not kidding, you'll probably learn more and I'm sure both of us would happily include some phone time afterwards to answer some questions you have along the way.

• Thumbs up 1

Siebel's is way less and is very well respected.

https://www.siebelinstitute.com/education/continuing-education/craft-distilling-operations-and-technology

https://www.siebelinstitute.com/education/continuing-education/craft-distilling-operations-and-technology/dates

1 hour ago, Foreshot said:

Do you know anyone who has done the distillery specific courses at Siebel's and their feedback on it? I know plenty of people who have gone for their brewing training which is very credible but the distilling courses are relatively new I think.