Devin

4 Spout Bottle Filler

Looking for recommendations on a 4 Spout Bottle Filler? 

Thanks in advance!

Devin

Thank you! I was looking at the same one....did you get the gas option for $250?

If so, does this require a air compressor hook up?

Thanks again!

Xpress fill is nice, but noisy. I don't believe there's any reason to have the gas option with spirits.

We now have 2 different 6 spout fillers but still use the 4 spout Xpress for small runs as cleaning is super simple. If I'm only doing a couple hundred bottles of a flavored spirit it's not worth the time to break down and clean the 6 spout.

If Xpress could make a 6 or 8 spout I'd be all over that.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, Devin said:

Looking for recommendations on a 4 Spout Bottle Filler? 

Thanks in advance!

Devin

I have done over 1 million bottles on our 6 spout filler from winters vault. It has an ele. Eye for a float and the out put ELE switch I have hooked to a 120v air valve that powers an air pump.

I love it so so so much. It is so very versatile for darn near any bottle.

I have a 4-spout ExpressFill, my biggest complaint is the way it is piped inside makes it loud & hard to clean.

After 4 years of use I decided I could improve the performance and completely gutted the birds-nest inside and redesigned the plumbing to something more logical (at least to me).  One unexpected benefit to the revision is that this thing is quiet as a mouse now (yes Skaalvenn I agree it was loud & used to wear ear plugs when filling bottles).  The main reason I made the change is to fill 50ml minions which was difficult on the original setup due to surging and unequal filling.  The new setup has a master flow control at the pump outlet (normally wide open) and smaller flow controls at each spout (also normally wide open).  If filling 750ml bottles, use the small flow controls to balance the system to eliminate that one spout that was consistently high or low.  This might have slowed my fills from <25 seconds to maybe 28 seconds. (note the service factor on the filler pump is such that you shouldn't count on more than 1 cycle per minute +/- over extended periods).  To fill minions I bought special fill tubes that ExpressFill sells, these point straight downward (no dogleg).  To fill minions, close the master flow control until the fill cycle is slow enough to not surge or overshoot (about 4.2 sec for my setup).  You might have to adjust the spout flow controls also to get perfect fills on all 4 spouts.  It works great, but it did take 10-15 minutes and about 15 cycles to get it set up the 1st attempt.  We filled 2,000 minions without making any additional adjustments and the fills were all spot-on.