4 Spout Bottle Filler

Devin

@ryanh You're right, but I prefer not to rely on this method because some users find it's more difficult to get a proper seal against the neck of the bottle. However, if it works for you, then it's by far the simplest solution.

We're going to put the micro-adjust tray into production with the feedback from @Skaalvenn. We don't get the trays separately from Mori, so for now if you'd like us to modify one we'll need the original tray back in the shop. Ultimately I'm estimating we'll price it at $150-175 as an optional add-on, but through April 1st, 2020 we will do it for $75 + shipping, and it should take about a week to turn around once we receive it.

2 hours ago, MichaelAtTCW said:

@ryanh You're right, but I prefer not to rely on this method because some users find it's more difficult to get a proper seal against the neck of the bottle. However, if it works for you, then it's by far the simplest solution.

We're going to put the micro-adjust tray into production with the feedback from @Skaalvenn. We don't get the trays separately from Mori, so for now if you'd like us to modify one we'll need the original tray back in the shop. Ultimately I'm estimating we'll price it at $150-175 as an optional add-on, but through April 1st, 2020 we will do it for $75 + shipping, and it should take about a week to turn around once we receive it.

Hi Michael, fantastic, thank you!  Thank you Skaalvenn as well!  

Happy New Year to all!

@Skaalvenn

I was just letting you know it is possible to achieve any fine-tuned fill height in any bottle with the Mori filler. The cone position does affect the fill height. If anyone is interested in how to do this, I could post pictures when I get back tomorrow.

@MichaelAtTCW, thanks for clarifying, and the adjustable tray option sounds like a great upgrade.

Cheers everyone, Happy New Year

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Silk City Distillers said:

Wow @MichaelAtTCW - the workmanship blew me away.  Not sure I expected it to be this well done.  Can't wait to fire her up!

Awesome. We've been noodling on the design for a long time. This one ticks all the boxes for me. Simple, inexpensive, precise, and flexible. No fiddling with individual nozzles, and you can level all your bottle at once. Let me know if you have any feedback after use.

• 1 month later...

I've been talking to a customer that's using the Mori to fill small short-necked bottles like the attached and it works for them. BUT it's definitely not what it's designed for, and they are making some modifications to achieve greater spring tension against the mouth of the bottle.

When the fill level is near the opening of the bottle—as is the case with short-necked bottles—there is very little spring tension. As a result, the seal against the bottle's mouth is not wonderful, and there's a greater chance of overfilling unless you remove the bottle quickly. You can increase the spring tension by preloading to the spring on the spout with additional tension. This can be achieved by stacking washers underneath the spring. We could also probably machine some spacers out of brass or aluminum that would do the same thing.

On another note, with the hand sanitizer boom, we've sold a lot more Mori Fillers than normal. We're down to just three 6-Spout Mori Fillers in stock as of today. Not sure when I'll be getting more in, as Mori is completely shut down through the middle of the month. They're in Northern Italy, unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 1.57.16 PM.png