Bottle Age Statement Stickers

Nordeast Spirits

Now that my Bourbon has reached 4years in the barrel I wanted to add an after sticker to the bottle that says “single barrel, aged 4 years”. 

I still have a lot of label left that say aged a minimum of 2 years so I was just going to add an after sticker to the bottles. 

Any Idea on what the TTB requires for this? Anyone out there been through the process?

Any info would be helpful,

Cheers!

Are you looking to place the sticker over the existing age statement, or have both age statements on the bottle? Changing the age on the label is an allowable revision not needing re-approval and I don't see any reason adding a sticker over the old age would be an issue. I'm guessing if you have both the old statement visible and the new sticker that they might have a problem with that, but I can't site a specific example in the CFR. 

I believe TTB requires a new COLA if the class/type changes so if you went from bourbon to straight bourbon or straight bourbon to Bottled in Bond Bourbon, those would require a new label but if your straight bourbon goes from 2 years to 4 years, I don't believe that would need a new label. 

OK. Thanks for the replies. The label states a straight bourbon on the front. In the “story” on the back it states aged for a minimum of 2 years. I still have around 7,000 labels left and everything is leaving at 4 years minimum now. Just wanted to let consumers know by adding a sticker to the side of the bottle. Not planning on covering up the old statement. 

I could just submit new labels but cost is cost and waste is waste...

cheers!