Affordable One day workshop covering A-Z on Oct 26th

virtuoso

Considering becoming a distiller?   Virtuoso Distillers is going to be offering its 7th annual  intense 1 day distilling workshop .

Testimonial from ADI Forums

“Something that really impressed me was how open and honest Steve was concerning his processes and recipes. He gave us information about his processes that no other commercial distiller I've ever met would disclose. I have no idea how Steve can offer this seminar at this low of a price, but I'm very happy I got to be part of it!”  -

The class is being updated so it will include all the previous materials and a beautiful unit geared to the small and medium size scale commercial distiller. The trend has been moving to distill with a tasting room and local distribution environment and our new unit will fully address this We will discuss the history and theory and chemistry of distilling, and demonstrate the actual process of distilling going from un ground grain to glass with all the steps in-between. all of the demonstrations will be live while there will be power point visuals you will be able to see all the processes take place in real time . We will discuss Government regs, enzymes and malt. you will see the mash batch being created and deal with adjusting ph, we will do a distillation this will be happening concurrently so will see all the steps. You will see the bottle and labeling process. Our starting time will be 9:00am and go till everything is finished which will be after 5:00. The class size will be a maximum of 15 people. The charge is $350.00

We will go through all the processes from grain to glass with a hands on approach. you will see the actual operations. Our last class had all of the participants feeling they gained a wealth of knowledge and what they most appreciated was actually seeing all the stages required not just hearing about them or seeing pictures. we have a comprehensive video presentation with a booklet of all the slide you will see. Our Equipment includes a 600 liter Holstein Still with 2 towers and a total of 21 plates. The course will be from 9 to 5. To cover everything, it has go for the full time. There is a pizza lunch provided. The course will center on vodka production but Whiskey will also covered as well as Gin and other liqueurs. just some of the items that will be cover are...

A very short history of distilling

grain grinding

grain cooking

grain fermenting

mash distilling

determining heads , tails and hearts

still maintenance and cleaning

bottling

maintaining TTb standards for alcohol proof

TTB reporting

Types of stills. 

we are:

Virtuoso Distillers (you can find us at 18Vodka.com)

4211 Grape rd Mishawaka IN46545

574 876 4450

The cost of the one day class is $350.00

We have a planned maximum of 15 seats

See other's review on ADI forum of our class...everyone comes away feeling it was useful and a great value.

distillery2.jpg

• 1 month later...