Experience with 50 ml manual filling equipment?

Spitfire

Hello, 

We are considering purchasing a manual machine to fill 50 ml bottles with our gin.  The volume is not big enough to consider anything automated.  I checked a couple of manual fillers on Amazon, they all share the same design (more or less), and some comments said that the volume of liquid was not accurate which is a bit of a problem.  

Anyone out there purchased a manual filler for these tiny bottles and had a good experience so far ?

Thanks.

Chris

55 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Hello, 

We are considering purchasing a manual machine to fill 50 ml bottles with our gin.  The volume is not big enough to consider anything automated.  I checked a couple of manual fillers on Amazon, they all share the same design (more or less), and some comments said that the volume of liquid was not accurate which is a bit of a problem.  

Anyone out there purchased a manual filler for these tiny bottles and had a good experience so far ?

Thanks.

Chris

We have successfully used our Enolmatic with the Mignon kit for filling small bottles. The fill rate is at least as fast as when filling with standard size bottles. Great too if you already use the Enolmatic for filling.

30 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

I have been told yesterday by a reseller that the enolmatic is not recommended as the hoses and other materials are not rated for high proof alcohols.  Interesting.

Was he trying to sell you his bottle filler?

I've seen them in lots of distilleries and I sold them to lots of distilleries, when I was selling them. I've never heard of anyone having problems.  The factory told me that they were fine for distilled spirits up to 60% or higher, if I remember correctly.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:51 AM, Spitfire said:

I have been told yesterday by a reseller that the enolmatic is not recommended as the hoses and other materials are not rated for high proof alcohols.  Interesting.

Depends what you mean by high proof. Should be no problem 100 proof and below. You can easily replace all hoses with other material for higher proof, you can replace nozzle unit with stainless version for that purpose as well. They used to make a replacement pyrex "jar" to swap for the plastic as well, but no longer do. On the other hand, that is seeing "waste" product rather than what is going into the bottle. And you can't use the standard plastic filter housing at higher proof.