Good Thursday afternoon to you out there in ADI-Land,

I wanted to give you some good news here today.  We all can use good news, right?!?!?  In light of all of the craziness and hording of items, many distilleries around the country have taken to manufacturing hand sanitizer.  Brilliant!  Kudos to those of you who can and are doing this in order to help folks out!

Although I am a HUGE proponent of distilleries doing this, my “insurance-brain” kicked in and I thought to myself, “ Hummm …  Well, ‘InsurancMan 2.0!!!’, hand sanitizer is not necessarily a rated liability exposure contemplated by the hazard classifications listed on the policy.  Do you think the carriers would be willing to cover this?”  That is just how my mind works, people.  Don’t judge.

Of course, I had to shoot off a flurry of emails earlier this morning asking the question so that I could know what the stance would be.  “Who in their right mind would not be willing to cover this kind of thing at this point?  It helps out distillers, it helps out people, and it helps the economy and battle of the virus!!!  Of course they will all say, ‘Sure, that sounds great and helpful!’”

As of writing this post, at 4:33pm MST, and as we all know, “Big ships turn slow”, there is one carrier that has come back to me affirming that they will provide coverage for this type of exposure currently to assist in combating this virus, or at least the spread of it!  That is one carrier, out of many contacted, that took the bull by the horns and made a fluid and positive change to assist everyone in this process.  One carrier that sees the importance of this situation and implemented quick change in a dynamic environment, without all the bureaucracy and, “Well, we are in the process of assessing this and we may know something at some point … blah, blah, blah …”  I want to give a H U G E shout-out to this carrier.

THANK YOU TO ILLINOIS CASUALTY COMPANY!!!

If you are with this carrier, join me here on this post and let them know how much you appreciate what they are doing to assist you, and the country in understanding that things need to be able to move quickly so that we can all pitch in and beat this thing quicker and sooner than later.  If you are not with this carrier, maybe you want to be.  Depending on what state you reside in and if they write there, maybe you should give them a shot.  Feel free to contact me and if possible, I can get you placed with this carrier.  It is folks like this that we need to show our appreciation for and a great way to do that is to do business with folks that want to do business with us.

They have basically said that they are willing to provide this coverage through the end of April, at which point they will assess where things stand, and if necessary, they may add this as a classification code to the General Liability side of the policy.  Until then though, they are willing to take this on in order to help out.  Huzzah, Illinois Casualty Company.  Thank you for doing your part!!!  Until next time dear readers …

Stay Vigilant,

Aaron Linden

a.k.a. InsuranceMan 2.0!!!

307-752-5961

aaron@roaringforkins.com         or      insuranceman2.0@yahoo.com

All,

Please be aware, Philadelphia Insurance Company has now also come out and said that if you are “donating” the sanitizer product, they will cover it as well!  Big NEWS!!!  If you are selling it, different scenario, call me. Call me with questions. I have been working on this for quite some time, and this is big news. Let’s beat this thing, people!!!

Stay Vigilant,

Aaron Linden

a.k.a. InsuranceMan 2.0!!!

307-752-5961

aaron@roaringforkins.com or insurancman2.0@yahoo.com