Hand Sanitizer For Sale - Already Made; Isopropyl Based

I have 37 55 gallon drums of hand sanitizer for sale.

$5,500 per 55 gallon drum or $100/gallon. This is isopropyl based and pre-made. FEMA approved 75% alcohol. It just needs bottling. We have run out of bottling capacity due to too much demand. I have to sell it all in one sale. The total is $203,500. Cash up front; freight not included. Ships from Texas. 

Email me at mwilliams@brdistilling.com for more information. 

You're allowed to make a profit, but this pricing is more than double what is already packaged and on shelves. Craft distillers have a unique opportunity to help in a major way with the pandemic. Let's be ethical about it.

• Thumbs up 1

The WHO's guidelines are within what he is charging ($2.50-$5.40/100ml) see image below.  I know one distillery here in AK charging $100/gallon but I also know we are at a huge disadvantage being here in AK for supplies and shipping costs.

image.png.8b91219110c3e307f065ca51224baa03.png

The karmic value of giving all of ours away far exceeds any profit we could have made.

Distilled spirits are all about sharing a drink with friends and family, the very thing we can't ever do with social distancing.

So, the quicker we win over the virus, the quicker we can come together again, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be over a drink.

• Thumbs up 3
  • Thanks 1

Was just at my local CVS store and they have a full shelf of isopropyl 91% 32 oz bottles for $2.59 a bottle.

They had Hydrogen Peroxide for $1.39 per 16 oz bottle.

They had 6 oz bottles of Glycerin for $7.29

First Gallon cost of $19.04 with the 2nd, 3rd, etc gallon cost of $10.36 (just the isopropyl) and that's retail store prices!

• Thumbs up 1

Guys, this is not home-made product that we made that we made. This is from a medical supply factory in Texas and the prices have surged. These are the prices this stuff is being sold for in bulk, and you cannot compare it to retail pricing of materials at a CVS. I would not even make any money on this sale but simply be getting out of a position. We have already bottled over 250,000 units of this stuff. You cut it down with GNS to stretch volume and decrease the cost per gallon/oz. 

On 4/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, Robert Williams said:

$5,500 per 55 gallon drum or $100/gallon.

Get bent dude.  

I’ll just buy it on Amazon at half that price and save some money by dumping 55 of them into my own empty drum..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085CM79M7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2S5SG4CMI156J&psc=1

or get the same from the sellers own site for $30 a gallon..

https://www.bulkapothecary.com/product/raw-ingredients/unscented-bases/unscented-hand-sanitizer-gel-base/

• Thumbs up 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Robert Williams said:

These are the prices this stuff is being sold for in bulk, and you cannot compare it to retail pricing of materials at a CVS.

yeah, why would anyone want to consider retail prices when making a wholesale purchase??. </snark>

Sounds like you got left holding the bag on some sanitizer speculating..

• Thumbs up 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 12:46 PM, Robert Williams said:

Guys, this is not home-made product that we made that we made. This is from a medical supply factory in Texas and the prices have surged. These are the prices this stuff is being sold for in bulk, and you cannot compare it to retail pricing of materials at a CVS. I would not even make any money on this sale but simply be getting out of a position. We have already bottled over 250,000 units of this stuff. You cut it down with GNS to stretch volume and decrease the cost per gallon/oz. 

You are double retail pricing at CVS........

You think that is unofficial home made?

Anything in a drum for more than 20/gallon is highway robbery. If you can't compete don't get into the market.

• Thumbs up 2

Was just at CVS to pick up a prescription and they had a partial isle full of hand sanitizer under the CVS brand.

32 oz for $7.99 with pump bottle https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-advanced-hand-sanitizer-32-oz-prodid-348380

60 oz for $12.79 or ($27.29 retail a gallon) https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-moisturizing-hand-sanitizer-60-oz-prodid-372412

Besides being pretty reasonable on price for RETAIL, they also have the problem solved many DSP have of sourcing bottles. LOL

I guess when you play the speculative spirit market buying/selling for the quick markup you sometimes get left holding the barrel. At least if it were whiskey it might get better with time unlike sanitizer which is only good for 2 to 3 years from manufacture. A fire sale or donation (with write off) is probably the best thing you can hope for right now.

I want to feel bad for you, but just can't do it.  Far to many people are donating product for free at their expense of normal production (lost income), labor and bottle costs.  Karma is a bitch.

You don't have to "equalize" the price because the alcohol doesn't need to be the same strength as the WHO formula. They use other ingredients that are actually better for making a hand sanitizer making it more effective as well.

The CVS brand is still the best value I've seen actually sitting on shelves right now.