Label printer

On 4/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, jrfalcon said:

Thinking of buying a label printer, Are they cost effective and are they user friendly?

I am assuming you don't mean something at the professional end like an HP Indigo? Those require space and expertise, are very expensive, and usually have be run with high % duty cycle to justify operation. If you mean something like the Primera line of printers, a would say they can be cost effective and reasonably straightforward to use. The most recent generation of printers have a reasonable printing rate for runs of a few to a few hundred labels, but too slow for 1000+, IMO. I have used both the older 810 and now the 900 extensively. For spirits, you are going to want to use pigment ink, not dye. And even then, you should consider you will need to coat or fix the labels afterwards, which turns out to be a more difficult problem than the printing if you don't want to do it manually with a spray can.

I don't know what your volume or run sizes are, but the type of labeler you would need would likely cost more than it would to have quality labels produced for you. As bluestar pointed out, you'd need a coating applied to prevent them from being affected by the spirits. I can assist in sourcing labels for you as this is part of what i do for my day job.